sorry newbie question

tsanhd

Reaction score
Hey i was wondering, if i wanted to buy rims, what do i need to know in order to know if they rims fit my car or not??
I have a 2002 Accord Coupe 4 cyl.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
you need rims with a 4x114.3 bolt pattern. At the shop, ask for 4cyl Accord 98-02 and they will give you proper wheels. Don't forget to tell them if you will lower your car because offset may be different.

tsanhd

Reaction score
What is the appropriate offset for my car? If i put on 18x7.0 4x114.3 and then drop the car with eibach sportsline springs what is the offset suppose to be? I dont wan't the rims sticking out or going inward i want it to be in the middle or as close as possible.

Last edited:

theaccordian

Reaction score
For a 7 inch wide wheel, youll need at least +42 ideally a +45 offset. For anything bigger the safe choice is +45. Go to tirerack.com and type in your year and model car and theyll tell you the approriate specs for wheels and tires to fit your car

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
if you wanna get rims off the internet, i got mine from www.wheelmax.com , i think they were pretty good aboout the whole process, and i got them fairly quick. my rims are a 42 offset, and i wouldnt go any lower then that. basically the lower the number, the more the rims stick out of the wheel well....and mine are flush with my fender. im not even lowered and when i hit a bump going fast enough, sometimes i can hear the rears rub, i think its quite funny actually, haha.

Back