toyota camry in nascar in 07

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i just saw on tv that the camry will be in nascar in 2007. itll be the first time a car company completely overseas will be in it. just wondering what some of your opinions are.

mine is that i think this is a good step in nascar........i never watch it and im no fan of it, but i think this will be a good thing for it. also, it may even give more of an aftermarket for cars down the road.

Muyo

Reaction score
Nascar sucks in my opinion, biggest waste of fuel ever.

And Toyota dissapoints me doing something like this, they're losing my respect...

ryon527

Reaction score
I like nascar even though its wayy too much advertising. They'll start painting logos on the pavement soon you'll see. They've been running the toyota tundras for a while now.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
hhm. never a big fan of nascar cos they only turn left (or was it right :p) but hey, all sports are difficult and lots of skills are involved...just hope toyota knows wat they're doing

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Muyo said:
Nascar sucks in my opinion, biggest waste of fuel ever.

yea, i dont really like nascar, its pretty boring to wacth, like darkside said, they only turn to one side, and thats pretty dull to watch. i like those touring car races over in europe, haha, i wish i could be a driver in one of those, they look like theyre havin some fun, haha.

cdubb77

Reaction score
I like Nascar and I think it's a good idea that Toyota is getting into it. Toyota isn't stoopid. There's mad money in Nascar.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i think it's a great move by toyota for two reasons. one, theres a buttload of money in nascar and its sponsors. two, it gives exposure to the company. if it can beat the normal competitors (like it had done briefly in the truck series), toyota will get some "race on sunday, sell on monday" money. it's a great business move if they do well. too bad nascar is sooo boring that the people who like toyotas wont even watch. i might watch the first race just cause im curious about how theyll do.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
yea it is, like i said, those touring car races are where it at! haha.
yeah, i watched dtm all the time in germany. they are just starting to allow v8s into the series too. definitely some exciting racing.

Muyo

Reaction score
Yeah thats real racing if you ask me, I always seem to miss them on Speed channel. I wonder if its possible to download some of those.

Oh yeah and JGTC is good also, but they changed the name to something else last year, Super GT was it..? I forgot.

Back