July/August ROTM Winner "MikeyMike"

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
MikeyFinalEdit.jpg

Would like to say congrats to Mike for being voted at the 6thgenaaccord July/August "Best Coupe" He had some very good competition, and the voting went down to the end..Can't say he is an old member, but ever since he joined the site he has contributed greatly..So i would like everybody to check out his accord and say congrats..His car has def. gone a long way in a year(his wreck)

On the the fun stuff...

Q & A

1. Is this your first car?
It is my first car. Taking the public bus home from highschool and walking a few blocks, I would pass this Black '99 Accord Coupe with the Black Widow kit on it. I instantly fell inlove with the body lines and the overall look of the car.

2. How did you end up with the accord?
When I first got my license, I drove my mom's '96 Dodge Neon(The Peon) whenever I got the chance. The problem of having to wait to drive somewhere was just too annoying. I jumped on autotrader and found the love of my life in Trumble CT.

3. When did you first start modifying cars?
It can go back to when I was around 6 and my dad used to own a '85 Camaro, I would help him with the little things here and there. But the 1st time I personally modified a car would have to be 10th grade in highschool in our Automotive Class. We put a Notchback Mustang Differential into a '90 Corolla with a Supra Engine(You can still see this car @ Englishtown NJ)

4. Did you run into any problems along the way when you were modifying stuff?
Who doesn't? 3 transmissions CEL's etc. It wouldnt be modifying if everything just worked. There would be no fun and pride in the entire process.

5. Why do you do it? Why not leave it stock?
I wasn't the popular kid in life. It was a way to be noticed. When you think about it, a car defines the owners personality. When she was stock, I would drive by and people are like "was that Mike?" Now I drive by and they are like "there goes Mike".

6. What other mods do you have planned for the car?
ATM Visual I'm pretty done with. But Mechanical is a different story. In a garage right now, I have a brand new '03 CL-S transmission, with all the parts for install. I plan of including some kind of force induction, and nitrous.

7. Any other cars you're tinkering with?
My friend recently bought a totaled '01 Prelude that we just completely rebuilt, and re-wired the entire front end which was a great learning experience for me, since I've always hated electical. I also recently bought a '98 Civic 4dr that I plan on using for my winter car.

8. What's your favorite thing about your car, specifically? Which money do you feel was your best investment? My favorite thing about my car would have to be the Wings West Kit. Something so little changes the entire overall look of the car. But best investment is deffinitly the CL-S transmission.

9. Is there anybody you would like to credit or thank for helping you along the way?
In no particular order, 6thgenaccord.com and its great members. VtecV6 over at v6p for banning me, which drove me to devote myself more to this website. My highschool automotive teachers Mr. Manzino, Mr. Annella, and Mr. Shnittert. Joe Izzo, Ant Izzo, Jesus Gamero, and everyone else @ J&B Bodyworks for making the car look the way it looks. RichieV6 for making me the wire harness needed for the transmission swap. RiceBoyDrew from v6p for selling me the transmission and parts for dirt cheap prices. All my friends who dealt with all my bs along the years and were there for me when I broke something. J83 from tristatevip who is doing the labor on my transmission swap. And last but certainly not least my dad, because if it wasnt for him, I would of never looked at cars the way I do now 8-14-00.

Mod List
-Engine / Performance / Electrical
Ebay Short Ram Intake.
K&N Air Filter
MagnaFlow Mufflers.
Cross Drilled Rotors ::thumbs up::
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Battery Relocation to Trunk
0 Gauge Ground Cable Upgrades
Stinger Pro 0 to 4 Distribution Block
---SoonToCome
Some kind of Turbo setup
CL-S 6spd swap (in the works)

-Suspension
H&R Race Springs
KYB 4 Way Adjustable Shocks/Struts
Neuspeed Strut Bar
Comptech Sway Linkage Kit

-Interior / ICE
LED Instrument Cluster Conversion (Blue)
Automatic Shift knob/boot.
DIY Molded Single pod A-Pillar
DIY Molded Maplight Dual Pod
Hyperwhite LED interior bulbs.
DIYV-Tec Light
Jensen UV7i 7" TFT LCD Headunit
12" Kicker Component Subs(2x)
Sony X-Plode 1000watt amp
Sony X-Plode 6x9 rear speakers
Rockford Capasitor
Pioneer 4 way Door speakers
Euro-R Steering Wheel
---SoonToCome
Black Leather Int. w/ Blue Stitching.

-Cosmetic
Custom Competition Blue Paint (BMW M3 Competition Series)
Shaved Emblems
Full Wings West lip kit.
12000k HID Conversion
DIYJDM Yellow Highbeam Conversion
DIY Blackhousing Headlights
DIY Tinted Taillights
'05 Acura TL Wheels, wrapped in P-Zero Nero Pirelli tires.
15% All Around Tint

Mikey1.jpg

Mikey2.jpg

Mikey3.jpg

Mikey4.jpg

Mikey5.jpg

Mikey6.jpg

Mikey7.jpg

Mikey8.jpg

Mikey9.jpg

Mikey10-1.jpg

Mikey11.jpg

THANKS!!!

Last edited:

indowanksta88

Reaction score
congrats bro, ur coupe is hands down, one of my favorite if not the favorite on here, major props, and i cant wait to see the car after the 6 speed swap

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats.... I shall dominate you when my car is better loking.... But G/J...

Back