My first Honda ever...

fothermucker

Reaction score
I'm picking up a 2000 Accord EX tomorrow. It's Silver, 5 spd. and has the 2.3L engine. It's going to be my new "beater" replacing my worn out '99 Ford Contour. With 103xxx miles on the odometer the car is in very nice shape while the Contour is rotting out from the bottom with similar mileage.

As you can see from my sig image, I'm also the proud owner of a '96 SS Impala - my summer fun machine ;)

I'll have many questions in the coming weeks in regards to the Honda. Questions such as "which 17" wheels should I buy?" and "how can I get a good deal on coilovers?"

Regards,

Todd C. aka Fothermucker

white beauty

Reaction score
good to see ur moving away from that crap american muscle, jk lol, but yeah man ull find all of the answers to ur question here, welcome by the way, and sick impala

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
welcome to the site *Todd*...Just do lots of searching and you will see some good info on the site..post up some pics also whenever u can..

OH i suggest getting suspension before you get wheels because it will look awkward with a high car and no suspension..

how low are you wanting to go?

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
welcome to the site. and where are you located? cuz based on that, you should BUY MY 17" wheels i have for sale on this site :thumbup: :) and i know for sure anyone here will be glad to help you with your questions you may bring up in the future. enjoy the site!

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
welcome bro....the mod bug can hit crazy on these cars cause things are so cheap in comparison to other cars...(i.e. coilovers for <$700)...but anyways good luck...

fothermucker

Reaction score
welcome to the site Tom...Just do lots of searching and you will see some good info on the site..post up some pics also whenever u can..

OH i suggest getting suspension before you get wheels because it will look awkward with a high car and no suspension..

how low are you wanting to go?

It's Todd ;) not Tom. I already know I need coilovers prior to putting wheels on. I want to go low enough so it looks good but I don't want to sacrifice its daily driveability so it's going to be a compromise either way.

I've never had a manual transmission before either... I've wanted one for years and now my wish has come true.

champaned_out

Reaction score
cheapest coilovers brand new that are of quality build is the Omni Power Coilovers $650shipped

how stiff or soft of a ride are you looking for? i hear Teins are pretty similar to stock in terms of softness... other coilovers to look for would be Apexi WS, Function Form, AMR, and D2's

and welcome to the site

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
definitely a solid choice of vehicle...mines still strong at almost 140k...bought it with 125k after junking my 91 chrysler with just under 106k lol

welcome :)

Back