Meguire's Claybar Kit

Mojeans69

Reaction score
PRICE:$17.99
PURCHASED FROM:Advance Auto Parts
RATING:9.5/10

Comments:
Great product, everything came in kit that you need. Makes your car feel as smooth as glass...couldnt even rest the bottle of wax on the car it kept sliding off the clay is easy to work with and the bubricant is also a type of wax.....also took away my buffing marks only bad thing was the price compared to other claybar kits, but i am very satisfied

The Wicked One

Reaction score
I tried this kit out today, and have to say that i prefer the Mother's Kit to this one. In my experience the clay in this kit is softer and requires more strokes to remove the debris. Also it likes to stick to your skin more. I feel like the Mothers Kit does and all around better job.

This kit does come with a nice microfiber cloth though and the mothers does not.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
mothers stick more imo.. i like teh meguair's one for 2 reasons:

1. less sticky (but seems like tht's not the case for the wicked one)
2. comes in 2 packaged bars... u can use one till it's crap and start with a new bar when needed... mother's only gives u one big bar... unless if u cut it and store it :badger:

highway_patrol

Reaction score
mothers stick more imo.. i like teh meguair's one for 2 reasons:

1. less sticky (but seems like tht's not the case for the wicked one)
2. comes in 2 packaged bars... u can use one till it's crap and start with a new bar when needed... mother's only gives u one big bar... unless if u cut it and store it :badger:

You got owned, mine came with a whopping 4 bars?!

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i think it's safe to say either one is good???
my paint doesn't shine anymore so i need to wash, clay bar, polish, wax...grrr...too much work

Raymond

Reaction score
Either kit is good, but I prefer the Meguiars - I use it on all the cars I detail. Follow it up with a good paint cleaner, a polish, and then top it all off with a coat of wax, you'll get great results without even using a buffer.

fit_love

Reaction score
Either kit is good, but I prefer the Meguiars - I use it on all the cars I detail. Follow it up with a good paint cleaner, a polish, and then top it all off with a coat of wax, you'll get great results without even using a buffer.

ray swears by meguiars, so thats what i got lol

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I've used both, basically whatever is available. On my black talon, no noticeable differences. As for one sticking more than the other, i only would do it every 6 months or more so i never noticed. On my accord, being silver, i do it every year, possibly longer, and it's far less noticeable. It's mostly just to get everything off and have a fresh foundation than the look. I can't tell the difference between claybaring or just a thorough wash and wax until about a year and a half when things have build up on the paint.

Back