Rain-X Anti-Fog wipes

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Price: Free after rebate
place: menards
rating: 0/10

comments: this is the stuff you wipe inside in the windshield to prevent fog, but unlike classic rain-x, you dont have to buff it out. well, i used this and regular rain-x on the outside recently, and i think the pic speaks for itself. the standard rain-x is just fine...100% of these swirls are on the inside. i cant speak for the anti fog ability, but honestly, having swirly fog would suck mightily. they also say on the pack to keep em in your car in case of fog...no, thanks. ill just use my defroster and keep my windshield streak-free on the inside.

IMG_5268.JPG

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
you have to buff it like there is no tomorrow, that's why i hate using it.

Instead, rainx is great at removing tree tar on your paint. Try it next time :)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
yeah... buffing take a long time lol... i dun even use rain-X anymore with all the rain socal gets lol :rofl:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I used rainx outside once and hated it...But i got some stuff on my windshield from when i worked at lexus...stuff means business...cost 300 bucks for customers..

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thing is though...the instructions dont mention buffing with the inside stuff. the outside stuff is fine with a spray bottle of water and lots of buffing, especially after it rains.

i want to try aqua-pel. the dealership will apply it for $20, but im not sure if its all windows or just the windshield.

highway_patrol

Reaction score
If you want Rain-X for the outside, get the windshield washer fluid kind. My friend also tried the anti fog crap and he said that it did the same thing, swirly crap.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
it rained tonight after being 85 and humid all day...holllllllly crap...when the swirls fog up...

i wish i had more hands, so i could give these things 4 thumbs down :boo::boo::boo::boo:

do they make a de-ice windshield fluid? that would be sweet since i abuse that stuff all winter...scraping ftl :Smoker:

TruV6

Reaction score
With this product your windshield has to be clean...I used it AFTER I wiped down the inside and it worked for like a month...dunno about your pic but it looks like you had grime on the windshield and put the fog remover on...it does work, but it's annoying that it doesn't last as long as rain-x does...

highway_patrol

Reaction score
Yes they do make it in de-icing form. The best way to go about using the washer fluid is clean your windshield really good at the gas station and then use the washer fluid after wards. What they sell on the shelf at the store is ready use and is a de-icing and "bug remover" plus Rain-X. It claims to be good down to -25F.

Back