MrChad's '00 EX Coupe 5-speed

MrChad

Reaction score
I've owned this car since new in early 2000. It has a grand total of 67,000mi and some change on the odometer, which rolls even slower now that it's not my daily car.

276824_228_full.jpg

276824_229_full.jpg

Exterior stuff I can remember doing...
50/50 Honda OEM & Wings West lip kit.
And some 35% tint.

Suspesion...
17x7 BBS RK rims ET +46mm (17lbs. each!)
Koni Yellows
Eibach Prokits
Ingalls camber kit
'03 Acura Type-S sway bars and strut bar

276824_223_full.jpg

Under the hood..
AEM V2 intake (my 3rd intake)
DC header
Apex-i WS2 Cat back exhaust
Fidanza 8lbs. flywheel and 2.1 clutch kit balanced prior to install as a set.

276824_146_full.jpg

Kenwood stereo with new speakers blah, blah, blah. Prelude SH shifter with a B&M shift kit and Acura Type-S leather steering wheel. And Homelink added from someone's dead coupe on eBay.

Yellow OEM style headlights with 9006 HID's in them; this is about the 4th set of headlights on this car. And I like them, they have a function - the yellow film makes the HID's look OEM at night cutting down the glare a great deal. The yellow film also makes road lines stick out like none other behind the wheel. The film also keeps the housings from pitting. Form follows function here.

The Accord had some 18" RacingHarts M5's at one point, but the rims were heavy, tires where expensive, and noisy; and it generally drove like crap on them and they rubbed in the rear on twisty roads. For my 2-cents RacingHarts = over priced JDM hype.

So I upgraded to a proper set of 17-inch BBS rims (they were much less expensive then you'd think) with some sticky Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole-Positions tires, good enough for the BMW sport package, good enough for me. Actually if you look the BBS RK was a commonly sold E-36 3-series rim - the spec's match very well especially given the very M3-esk 225/45/17 tire size from back in the day I now run. Remember when 16" and 17" tires were only available on sport cars?....I do :(

276824_215_full.jpg

276824_224_full.jpg

The wife drives an '04 Acura TSX, I like this car better - because I've made the pieces all work after years of trial and error - lots of error. And this was the last time you could get an Accord that didn't weight 3000lbs+. I only wish it got out of the garage more, it's parked under a car cover most days now...sadly.

Last edited:

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
Nice car!

"The wife has a TSX, I like this car better - because I've made the pieces all work after years of trial and error - lots of error. And this was the last time you could get an Accord that didn't weight 3000lbs+. I only wish I got to drive it more, it's been a great car over the years."

Did you sell it? It seems like you dont have it anymore..

MrChad

Reaction score
Nice car!

"The wife has a TSX, I like this car better - because I've made the pieces all work after years of trial and error - lots of error. And this was the last time you could get an Accord that didn't weight 3000lbs+. I only wish I got to drive it more, it's been a great car over the years."

Did you sell it? It seems like you dont have it anymore..

No, as far as I know it's illegal to sell your wife in IL.

Just kidding, heavens no I wouldn't sell the Accord - it just doesn't get driven much, about 1000mi a year. The wife has our TSX for her daily so it sees a lot more road time now.

As for the comments to lower it more, it's already lowered a full 1.75" up front and 1.5" in the rear. Any lower the looks would be better but suspension travel will start to become an issue-adjusting front camber for no rubbing under hard breaking would also be an issue, I already have rub marks from my old 18" under hard breaking corners.

The coupe just happens to have a very tall fender line in the front vs. the sedan - can't help that. The gap looked much smaller on 18", the 17" optically makes it look larger - I can't help that either.

Back