Rubber around headlight unit

simplicity

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I put together my headlamp and bumper recently for black housing only to find out later that there's this gap between my fender area and my corner of the headlight.

It seems that the rubber cushion surrounding the corner area of my headlamp unit is cracked and sortof not covering the area it used to (thus creating the gap). I was wondering if it's possible to find a replacement at autozone or kragen and if so do I need some sort of rubber sealant to get the new one in place?

Update: I found this "RUBBER COVER"http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse....d=13S820&Section=E&Category=B++08++|HEADLIGHT

Hopefully it is what I'm looking for...anyone have experience with this?

Last edited:

indowanksta88

Reaction score
haha i know wat u are talking about, i fixed mine so ghetto, i got a piece of electric tape and folded it together and stuffed it in the area, u cant even tell the difference ahha

simplicity

Reaction score
haha i know wat u are talking about, i fixed mine so ghetto, i got a piece of electric tape and folded it together and stuffed it in the area, u cant even tell the difference ahha

lol, that is ghetto...i wonder how it could stay on after rain and washes....
Only concern I have with the gap is that water can get thru and cause a short.
Otherwise I'm so lazy I wouldn't remove my bumper again to have a second look at why there was a gap there... :(

simplicity

Reaction score
I just called and it seems that the part number is for the rubber cover around the sockets....since the rubber trim around the headlamp comes on the headlight they say its most likely something that comes with the headlight and not sold separately.

Not looking good... :(

I might actually try the electric tape solution...lol...any other "remedies"?

steadypimpin

Reaction score
get some black rubber and glue it on. I'm sure it wont be hard to find some from home depot.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I'm sure you could find some weather stripping or something that will work. You may even be able to find some with it's own adhesive.

ccordex00

Reaction score
yeah...why buy something when u can fix it with something else....try some stuff from home depot

Nittanys1

Banned
Reaction score
posting because they closed my thread that was made almost a year ago...

or you could buy a scrap pair of lights from the junk yard and use the rubber off them.

simplicity

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions folks....I've repositioned the headlamps and used some electric tape....don't feel like taking the bumper off again and working on this...

also since my car is at the dealership for transmission replacement...not gonna be able to work on her anytime soon...

will prolly sell the car within a year...who knows...

Back