LED tail lights

HillACCORD

Reaction score
im thinking about putting the LED tail lights in, but i was wondering if anybody knew how the wiring works. are you going to have to rewire some way or what? im just asking because i dont want to go out and spend 150 bucks if i cant wire them.

jbuff

Reaction score
are you looking to replicate the LED style of the DEPO tails? have you worked with wiring LEDs in the past?

jess

HillACCORD

Reaction score
i want to get led tail lights off of ebay for 150, and put them on my car, im not really familiar with that type of wiring, thats why im asking. sorry if i ask so many questions guys im just a 17 year old kid that is trying to learn lol

HillACCORD

Reaction score
actually, do you know anything about just replacing the bulbs with LED's, if that is easy, and cheaper, than i would rather just replace the bulbs with led's

talontsiawd

Reaction score
You can replace the bulbs but it might not give you the look you want. Since the stock lens has the diffusor and most LED lamps don't because of the stronger light output, it won't look the same as LED lamps you see aftermarket or on newer oem cars. You will have something that i assume will look inbetween stock and a LED's through a clear lens.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I'm have thsoe Ebay LED lamps. I"m currently working on upgrading the LEDs to a brighter higher quality ones. It should be twice as bright.

HillACCORD

Reaction score
are you satisfied with those LED ebay ones? and do they leak??

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I'm have thsoe Ebay LED lamps. I"m currently working on upgrading the LEDs to a brighter higher quality ones. It should be twice as bright.

I didn't think those tails could be taken apart, but I guess if you're patient enough to do it then anything is possible. Keep us posted on how it turns out.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
are you satisfied with those LED ebay ones? and do they leak??

The wiring is straight plug 'n' play, the output is very good, it's pretty bright at night. You can swap out the reverse/turn signals as well. There is someone on v6p that is selling a relay so that you can switch the turn signal to the outer part of the tail light if you're interested.

Back