Magnaflow

Jxi8s2k

Reaction score
wassup. i'm a honda-tech member that just joined this forum. i got a question to ask you guys....if i took my car to a muffler shop and got them to do my piping and slapped on a magnaflow muffler, would that sound much different from the magnaflow complete cat-back systems?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
depends on wat size ur piping will be... and also depends if u're adding a resonator or not.... all in all, it's not gonna sound the same as the actual magnaflow catback....

cdubb77

Reaction score
I've always wondered......... what's the resonator and what does it do?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
cdubb77 said:
I've always wondered......... what's the resonator and what does it do?

it makes the exhaust system quieter....some cars have 1, some have 2....u can do with none, but it's gonna be louder

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
it looks like a muffler, but smaller in length and overall diameter, and you generally put one in between the cat and rearmost muffler (the one that sticks out the back of the car) to make it quieter, as darksideaccord said. also, an exhaust sounds the way it does from the bends, the length between them, the angles, the metal used, etc. it would be almost impossible (at least $$$ wise) to make an exhaust sound like a fully engineered system. if you like that particular sound and wont compromise on it, spring for the full system.

Jxi8s2k

Reaction score
i have a 02 accord coupe inline-4 but i'm trying to get dual exhaust. i'm not going for performance whatsoever so i don't mind about the back pressure. for awhile i was thinking that the i-4 and the v6 had the same under chasis and that the v6 system would just bolt up, but i'm not to sure of that.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jxi8s2k said:
i have a 02 accord coupe inline-4 but i'm trying to get dual exhaust. i'm not going for performance whatsoever so i don't mind about the back pressure. for awhile i was thinking that the i-4 and the v6 had the same under chasis and that the v6 system would just bolt up, but i'm not to sure of that.

Need to have an extra hanger or 2 welded in. Any muffler shop can do it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Jxi8s2k said:
for awhile i was thinking that the i-4 and the v6 had the same under chasis and that the v6 system would just bolt up, but i'm not to sure of that.

its close, but i htink i read somewhere that the cat is a little longer, and idk, maybe the headers for the v6 dont end where the header for the i4 ends too.

acrod99

Reaction score
You can see my resonator right after the cat. It's actually pretty long, and all it does is muffle a little more, like everyone else said.
img15103ri.jpg

Back