Suspension Setup (Pics) Rear strut Bar?

jdmgear

Reaction score
As you can see I am very happy with my front setup TL-S/CL-S front bar and Eibach Front Strut bar. I had to try this and it seem to work out fine. I also tested with one off and the other on and noticed a little difference but more with the Eibach on by itself than with the TL-S/CL-S front bar by itself. Does anyone have a front sway I have heard both negative and positive. I do know that Cusco makes a front lower arm bar for our cars but I have not heard any feedback on this product. Anyone know if this would help in addition to the front sway bar? Here is the link with pictures/description and price of this lower arm bar.
http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CUS-332475

P1000614.jpg

I also noticed that no one makes a rear strut bar. So I decided to do a little research and measurements. As you can see in the picture that their is little room for the bar let alone the mounting bracket to fit in this area (Thanks a SH!T LOAD HONDA). The thickness of the mounting bracket has to be at least 1" or less may be you could make one that bents with the curve that leads up to the 3" to 3.5" incline. This is were all of this gets tricky. There is around 33"-34" of space in between this incline and were the other side of the mount bracket needs to be. Again the bar can not be to thick otherwise you won't be able to fold your rear seat back. If anyone has any input please feel free to add. I also posted this on honduh so sorry if this is a double post for some of youall ;)

strutbar.jpg

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you have a sedan or coupe? i wanna do my suspension this year, and i still havent figured out how that plastic piece come off in the back........like, basically, how would i get the back of my sedan to looke like your picture, haha.

jdmgear

Reaction score
Its a Sedan. Yea its a pain to get that plastic piece off. Their are several clips in the middle and two clips on each side. The clips in the middle pop off with ease but the clips on the side are alittle tricky (If you look at the picture and notice the arrow that is point up on the incline these clips go in to the hole to the right of this arrow). You basically have to push the plastic piece toward the trunk/rear of the car while you are pushing up. Its very much like a plastic hook clip (with the plastic hook facing the front of the car) If you pop out the middle section you'll find out that this is easier to remove. Hope that helps ;)

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
so i just need to take off the sides of the back seat, fold the seat down and then i should be able to take that plastic piece off with nothing else to remove? thanks for the info, and yes, someone should make a strut bar for the back..........would it fit under the rear deck cover?

jdmgear

Reaction score
To remove the side you will need to loosen your rear bench seat (just pull up on it) then just lift the bottom (right or left) of the bench seat and you will see a 10mm bolt that holds down the side. When you remove the bolt the side will just lift up. Maybe if I can get a local welding shop to do something we can start a group buy on this. I had a rear strut bar on my old Accord and noticed a difference so in this case it shouldn't be any different. I'm going to make some calls tomorrow to Eibach/Comptech/etc. to see what they say. ;)

klee

Reaction score
A pain to remove the rears? You must have a clip/rear cushion seat bolt that likes to give anyone trouble. It takes me less than 5 minutes to take that all apart to adjust my Konis. The amount of time and money invested for R&D would be wasted. There are various members including autocrossers that have tried the rear upper strut bar and frankly it won't do a bit of good. There are plenty of Accords that run with upper front strut, lower front sway, and lower rear sway, decent suspension setup, and an alingment and they get pretty decent track times.

Back