Eibach Pro Damper System

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Price paid - $304.87 w/shipping and 8.25% sales tax
Purchased from - Auto Accessories Garage
Rating - 9/10

Just to start off, i'm a bit of an Eibach "fanboy" so keep that in mind in the review. Although i have hold Eibach in high regards, i also hold them to a very high standard as well so if anything, i am probably harsher than i would be with another company. One thing, i never found a single review for these so i had no idea what i was getting into...

Some info...Eibach shocks are made by Sachs, the largest manufacturer of oem shocks in the world. This actually caused some issues as Eibach has very little control on timelines. I actually waited over 2 months to get these. My other suspension mods include prokits, and eibach strut bar and a 04 TL 20mm rear sway. So this is basically a $600 setup.

Pros:

First, this is designed for prokit springs. It could easily be used in other applications but having springs i love and then having shocks made for these springs was a big plus. Also, this is an all inclusive setup. I was just expecting shocks. I got new dust covers, bushings, metal collars, bumpstops, nuts. The only oem parts i had to resuse was the hat and some washers. I did however reuse the oem bushings and collars as my car has low miles. I was very suprised how well thought out this kit was. If you have high miles, it will probably save you close to $30 (estimate) or more just with the "extras" supplied.

Ride quality-Very good. It rides better than my bro's new suburu outback sport and better than my dads s2k. It isn't harsh at all. I was hoping that it would be about the same as oem shocks. I ended up being very impressed as it felt much better. It's slightly harsher but far less bouncy. You do "feel" the road more, which has positives and negatives. Obviously, you feel imperfections more but it's not bad. The flip side is you just get a better feel of the road, always good. This setup is defineatly not harsh, not bouncy, not noisy. Basically it has little to none of the bad things i associate with lowed cars and ride from my own and friends experiences. It almost feels like a stock sport package, best way to describe it.

Handling-It's better than with the stock shocks, which is to be expected. I already assumed before buying. My car feels more agile, i took some turns i'm used to and i can take them at the same speed and feel far more comfortable. I haven't had them long enough (accouple hours, lol) to see what they can really do. I definatley feel more comfortable at higher speeds. This isn't amazing interms of handling. I've been in some very highly modified dsms, accouple of them road race cars and they would absolutely kill my car in the twistiest. They would also kill my back in traffic.

Cons...Not to much here. The back order thing would have really bugged me if i was new to cars. Having a dsm where many shops make to order, it was fine. I do think 6-8 weeks is reasonable. This was almost in that time period. Since i knew what to do, i just called eibach and they were very good with updating. Quick calls, good info. The other cons would be no adjustability, not immaculate handling (though very good), no height adjustment, things i didn't expect at that price level. Infact, i wouldn't trust anything that offered more for the price. So really, just the back order thing, and a general lack of control in this by eibach. Call for availabilty for sure.

Long post i know. Cliffnotes. My car feels like a car with a sports package but looks better, handles better and didn't break the bank. Totally happy with this.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Did you notice any change in the "boat" effect, that maybe the shocks might have relieved, or possibly made worse?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Did you notice any change in the "boat" effect, that maybe the shocks might have relieved, or possibly made worse?

Um, it's exactly the same really. My car was a tiny bit higher right after but after driving it seems to be exactly where it was. I hated the "boat" look but it just doesn't bother me too much anymore.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I know my original review was really long (lol), but i have to say, i'm still absolutely loving these. With the prokits, this is such a great system, if you don't want a severe drop. It really doesn't feel like a modified car at all. This is the most comfortable system i've ever had, or driven even, still loving these, highly recommended.

chapin

Reaction score
finally!! i been looking for a review on this, i got the pro kit i research everywhere and no luck so how many miles you got on your eibach pro dampers now if you don't mind asking? i find your review very helpfull since i also like eibach.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
i have pro dampers too, with s techs. I have prob around 20-25k miles on them and they ride like the day i put them on. i agree with everything in talontsiawd's review. I just wish they were adjustable so i could go a little lower

f23accord2000

Reaction score
ive been waiting for this reviw as well yayyyyyy and what kinda struts do you have ? to go along with he springs
repp reppp reppp

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
how did you get this for so cheap, tirerack has the prodampner springs+shock setup for almost $500 ?

Back