HELP!!! Car problems!!

aggiEboi2k6

Reaction score
So..here it is...come on accord gurus!! i need your help. Havent driven all week. Went to start the car today...It started, but I had to hold it for an extraordinarily long time..I was low on gas but I still had enough..So it came on, went to the gas station to get some gas...Filled my tank up, went to start..She kinda choked..but then she went dead. Tried again, now it's just clicking fast, no turning over at all. Radio, lights, etc, still strong and bright. Foolishly not thinking, I asked my roommate to come jump it..Which failed too..So I pushed it into the parking spot and then thought..Hmm..I should try to pop the clutch and see if it works..So we pushed it...popped it..Came on fine...Drove home, put it in the parking lot behind my house and cut it off and tried to start it...came right back on..now im waiting for some time to pass so i can go out and try to start it again after like a half hour. anyone know what possibly could be going on?

jcanni

Reaction score
could be your egr valve. or it could be your coolant temperature sensor. my av6 had a rough time starting in the cold after it sat for a while. does the computer show a code? if it does run down to autozone and get the code.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Could possibly be the starter also. Especially if the battery was strong and when you tried to start it, it was just clicking.
That's the best part about having a manual tranny, you can pop the clutch to start the car. :D But that only works with the key in the ignition

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
My buddy's av6 had the same problem and it was something in the steering column that was making it click. Maybe your car is having trouble reading your key's chip, or like BN said, it could be the starter.

klee

Reaction score
blacknight said:
Could possibly be the starter also. Especially if the battery was strong and when you tried to start it, it was just clicking.
That's the best part about having a manual tranny, you can pop the clutch to start the car. :D But that only works with the key in the ignition

^^^^^^ What he said.

talonted1990

Reaction score
aggiEboi2k6 said:
So..here it is...come on accord gurus!! i need your help. Havent driven all week. Went to start the car today...It started, but I had to hold it for an extraordinarily long time..I was low on gas but I still had enough..So it came on, went to the gas station to get some gas...Filled my tank up, went to start..She kinda choked..but then she went dead. Tried again, now it's just clicking fast, no turning over at all. Radio, lights, etc, still strong and bright. Foolishly not thinking, I asked my roommate to come jump it..Which failed too..So I pushed it into the parking spot and then thought..Hmm..I should try to pop the clutch and see if it works..So we pushed it...popped it..Came on fine...Drove home, put it in the parking lot behind my house and cut it off and tried to start it...came right back on..now im waiting for some time to pass so i can go out and try to start it again after like a half hour. anyone know what possibly could be going on?

My car did the same thing at ~90k miles. It was my starter. Good luck with getting it fixed. I did mine myself and it was not fun. I used to think I didnt have the clutch all the way down and it would click then I would try again and it would start. It was the starter going bad the whole time and I knew it wasnt the battery because I bought a red top about a year ago.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
talonted1990 said:
My car did the same thing at ~90k miles. It was my starter. Good luck with getting it fixed. I did mine myself and it was not fun. I used to think I didnt have the clutch all the way down and it would click then I would try again and it would start. It was the starter going bad the whole time and I knew it wasnt the battery because I bought a red top about a year ago.

Yeah, I really think it's the starter. If the clutch wasn't depressed all the way, you would get nothing at all. No clicking or anything. Just the dashlights on

aggiEboi2k6

Reaction score
well..thankfully i got my car tested this morning only to find out that the battery was bad...im about to get another battery after class todai and hopefully that will solve all my worries...but ill b watching it closely over the next week or so...thanks again for the help!!!

Back