Condensation In Headlights

TeeJ

Reaction score
Is there a way to fix this issue easily, without baking my headlights? Its really starting to annoy me, and any help would be helpful

dynasty

Reaction score
do you have the rubber piece that covers your bulbs on the headlamp? if not, that could be one of the problem. have you baked the headlamp before? if so, buy some clear silicon and reseal it and it should stop it.

PROJECT H

Reaction score
+1. just use silicone.

you can also use nissan butyl(sp?) rubber sealant.

lwlba

Reaction score
yup... silicone if it leaks. or u can always bake it and reseal it....?

TeeJ

Reaction score
do you have the rubber piece that covers your bulbs on the headlamp? if not, that could be one of the problem. have you baked the headlamp before? if so, buy some clear silicon and reseal it and it should stop it.

Would you be able to show me what it looks like? Would it be inside the headlight itself, or around the opening in the back? I've never baked a headlight before, and I'd rather not try and have a winking car... I don't think it leaks, it just gets condensation after a wash or a humid day/night

lwlba

Reaction score
basically when u get condensation.. that means it's not seal tight, that's what i meant by leak. it might be the rubber thing. but usually if u have a blackhousing.. it's the sealing that leaks after u bake it.. but iono in ur case..

dynasty

Reaction score
if you never bake your headlights before. there's a small hole somewhere on your headlight. the silicon could be purchased at Home Depot. but yeah, there should be no reason why there's condensation INSIDE the headlights whatsoever. so i believe there's a crack or your silicon, somehow, been faded away and there's a hole where water could get inside the headlight.

TeeJ

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll go pick some up, has anyone done this in the past and taken pictures? I need all the help I can get here. I'd love a photo how to

Sinful

Reaction score
have you thought of black housing your headlights too? might as well if you decide to open up the headlight. i did mine because i had condensation, so i went out and bought a heatgun(iffy with the oven idea) and it worked fine.

TeeJ

Reaction score
Was the heatgun expensive? Is there a How To floating around to show me how to put it back together?

Back