Speaker selection help

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Before I get into the dumb questions, I am NOT a audiophile! With that being said, you guys are gonna have to excuse what would seem to be dumb questions.

Ok well my speakers are shot, all of them. I want to replace them and im gonna go through Crutchfield. The fronts are going to be 6 1/2's from their selection but the rears are offered in a lot of sizes. Which ones should I get?

At first I was gonna get 6x9's for the rear but it seems like the 6 1/2's, 5 1/4's, and some 6 3/4's will fit. Which would be the best way to go? Ive heard that a lot of the aftermarket 6x9 cause clearance issues so thats why im wondering about the other sizes. Im thinking about going with Pioneer since its the cheaper route. Blaupunkt doesnt seem too bad either price wise.

Any input would be greatful.

white beauty

Reaction score
right now im running Infinity reference 6 1/2 and 6 by 9, there louder than any other speakers that ive had, that includes pioneers and alpine type Rs, the clarity is amazing, and the bass is really good for speakers, if i get the right song on some people mistake the bass for a 10 inch sub in the back. but im also using it with an alpine 9852 HU, the difference with the HU over the stock with these speakers was really noticable.I would say just to stick with the 6 1/2 and 6 by 9s, i havent had any problems with with clearence witha any of my speakers, hope that helps

NINaudio

Reaction score
You might need an adapters to get 6 1/2's to fit in the rear deck, but those are fairly cheap. My favorite brands for stock replacement speakers have always been polk and pioneer. Good bang for the buck and good quality as well.

DK888

Reaction score
If you're looking to just replace the speakers with no amplifier get the 6 x 9's.

5thGenAccord

Reaction score
Infinity 6 1/2's and 6x9's are amazing especially if you have an amp hooked up to them. You need to come sit in my car next time your on campus. BTW don't buy from crutchfield there are alot better and cheaper sites on the net for the same stuff. I'll help with the install if you need it. Damn your ballin with your navigation receiver.

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I have infinity kappa all around and i think they are great for the money. I bought 6x9 3ways and 6 1/2 componets for like $150 used. Pretty common so they are easy to find. They lack midbass though, i dropped the rear and plan to upgrade my front speakers.

Anyway, i think the reference series will fit the bill find for you. You will have a good jump in soundquality without breaking the bank.

Lastly, accords have a decent amount of room for 6x9's. I wouldn't worry. I have the trunk poppers on mine, with the bars and had decent clearance. If you don't have that, i don't think their are bars right? Giving you basically infinate clearance.

Back