Starting to think about getting an alarm, some questions

talontsiawd

Reaction score
So, my car right now is using the factory EX alarm with immobilizer. I heard it's really hard to actually steal a car with this setup but if someone wants to steal my ish, another story.

To start with, what i need. An alarm (obviously), immobilizer, pager (that tells me when someone has broken into my car), keyless entry. Basically what my car has now but with a pager.

Things i want depending on price. I like the alarms that let you put the windows down with a touch of a button. Just being in cali, it gets hot alot. Second, do that make anything where you can enter you car if your close with no key? And start it with no key? My mom's prius has this, i love it.

This will be the first alarm i have purchaced. My past experiences have been stock alarms and one preinstalled aftermarket alarm (used car). I had issues with the aftermarket one. That left a bit a foul taste in my mouth, other people i know have had issues as well (i'm sure this is more of an install thing).

I don't really have a budget in mind, i'll just say i'm willing to drop some cash, i'm really looking for ideas right now so i can find specifics. Any advice would be great.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Viper 791XV is great. Has the remote start feature you want too. It should cost you $300-$350 for the alarm & installed at an independent store. It's what I have and is very good. Also has the 2-way pager thing you wanted.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I got a Python 990 from circuit city. 2 way pager, 1 Mile range (not really 1 mile, but DAMN far), remote start, all the goodies you can think of. Got it for 450 Installed.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
if you really want all this extra stuff, i'd go to an alarm/audio/custom shop and see what they can offer you.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
if you really want all this extra stuff, i'd go to an alarm/audio/custom shop and see what they can offer you.

Well, i like to have an idea of what to look for and do some research about what is available before i go.

Thanks everyone, not as bad as i thought. My concern was spending more money on the alarm than what it's protecting interms of audio related theft.

F23Coupe

Reaction score
Is Clifford still in a class of their own or are their products the same as other DEI (Viper, Python, Sidewinder and etc.) stuff since DEI took over?

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Just make sure you have a backup battery. That's probably the most important thing ever, because a simple disconnection of the battery will disable the alarm. So you can have a 600 dollar alarm but once the battery is disconnected it becomes useless. You would be better off with just the factory alarm then.

avalover

Reaction score
I bought a Compustar alarm from ebay and installed it myself, I wouldnt reccomend that from my experience.....but.....if you do a search on for compustar on a search engine you will find their website where you can check out the new line for 2007. It has everything you said you wanted. As far as the windows that is a seperate module from DEI, model number dei 530T. You should also look into a tilt sensor, nowadays people are just towing the cars away. The tilt sensor will prevent that and someone jacking up the car for your rims. Also, there is a glass break sensor that recognozies high freq and triggers the alarm when it hears the freq. I can sit in my car and arm the alarm, if i go "PSSSTTTT" real loud then the alarm will go off. For the type of alarm you are requesting you will end up paying 300-450 on just the alarm and depending on what shop you go to, all those modules are extra $$$$

The #1 thing in alarms is the insatllation. You can go out and buy a $600 alarm, but a noob install and it will be worthless.

DK888

Reaction score
Alarm with remote start, alarm notification and full control from Anywhere, you'll need the V3 Package. You can also GPS track and control from your computer and cell phone.

Back