DIY: Kill ignition switch.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
looks like a good way to cause problems. the switch is shorting the circuit, it should have blown a fuse somewhere.

better:
P2P.jpg

cut the wire you want to shut off. pick anything really, i prefer fuel pump power signal (prior to main relay). It must be the power wire.

cut wire:
run wire from oem switch to terminal 87
run wire from device to 30

new wires:
ground wire to 86
add wire from 87 to momentary switch
another wire from momentary switch to terminal 85

now whenever the car is shut off the relay will reset, automatically arming. to start the car, hold the switch while cranking. once it is pressed with the ignition on it will stay on till the power is shut off. the ecu shuts off the fuel pump after 10sec of not running, so it will reset if the car is on but not running. this way the car will still crank, and the screwdriver on the starter trick will not bypass it.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
when i was @ school they were stealing honda's left and right so i cut my ignition wire and ran a kill switch, dumbest thing i ever did.. cuttin like a 12 gauge wire isnt worth it because then when you go to take it out, its just long enough to reach the fuse box and soldering it back is nearly impossible. and you would have to get the same wire to extend it just for the safety of it being the ignition wire

Drift

Reaction score
I have a kill switch wired to the ground wire of my fuel pump. The safest way to do it IMO.

Drift

Reaction score
is there any way to wire a kill switch up to the keyless entry??

So that the car wont start unless the doors are unlocked? Sure, but then wont be able to lock the doors when driving. Does that matter to you?

Back