What's Up Guys? Noob from the District

turboputz

Reaction score
I've been enjoying this forum a lot since I found it or rediscovered it about a month back. I like that it's all 6th gens too, they're the best anyways.

I think I've had my car for about six years now. I bought it in '01 with 45k and now it has almost 110k. At one point I had nitrous on there, which was a riot, but I didn't have a brand name kit, and as soon as it started acting up I took it off. Then I found out about the M2S4 trans swap from someone on accordinglydone.com. I found one for cheap and went for it even though I couldn't really verify the condition of the trans. Turned out to be the best thing I've ever done with the car. It completely changed the driving character.

I just hit what could have been a major turning point with the car as everything started to crap out, become due at once: leaking caliper, starter went, flexpipe broke, rotors warped and down to nada, intake was plain old, struts doneski, timing belt due. But rather than giving up on the accord, I renewed my faith and have been pouring in all the money it needs to get running tip top again. The district means Washington DC, originally from Mass though.

Current Mod List for my 1999 EX Sedan 5-speed (leather)
AEM SRI
OBX Ceramic Header
Greddy SP Catback Exhaust (blown packing)
AEM Tru Power Pulleys
Nology Hotwires plug wires
Denso Iridium plugs
Sunearth Hyperground grounding kit
M2S4 (came from H23a1 lude) trans swap
Fidanza 8lb flywheel
AC Autotechnic strut tower bar
Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustable shocks
Tokico lowering springs
Eibach Camber Kit F&R
Brembo blank rotors
Hawk HP Street pads
Earl's Hyperfirm stainless brake lines
205/55R15 Kumho Ecsta ASX 3 seasons
195/65R15 Nokian Hakkapellita II winter
Pioneer 4-way 6x9's rear deck

Awaiting install: new illuminas
In the Mail: Tanabe DF210 lowering springs, Apexi WS2 exhaust
Also picked some JDM Prelude BB4 seats that I hope to swap in when I have the time and it cools down. I might just sell them though.

Glad to be here hope to learn more and help others. Lots of pipe dreams aka plans, but we'll just have to see. First I need to get this thing tight and do the timing belt.

Last edited:

nexTOme

Reaction score
:sigh:.....pplz never listen.....no pix meaning ban on this forum!!! :madrun:

LOL jk!! welcome!! 5spd sedan FTW! sounds like nice car man....be sure to post some pix....see ya!

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I work in DC I may of seen your car around any pics :)

turboputz

Reaction score
Its a clean taffetta white sedan nicely lowered on stock alloys that still has a good clear coat. I like the big mouth air dam of the earlier 6th gens, all body matched moldings and side valances, and tails. I have a crappy hand me down digital point and shoot, but as embarassing as this is, I really wouldn't know how to get pictures up here. I've got the usb and I can get them on my pc, but I don't know if I need to get them hosted somewhere or how I go about putting them into a post. I would appreciate if someone could point me to or provide a quick how to.

I haven't really focused on any looks mods yet, but I hope to at some point. I would like to get some lightweight 17's, I've been looking at Rota Torques, and Konig Featherweights. Also I find the stock headlight output insufficient at night, I really feel like I can't see well, so I'd like to get 6000K HIDs and maybe blackhouse the headlights.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
There's a sticky here on the photos I don't know where though, tried looking. You just make an account on a hosting website such as photobucket.com, and when you're posting, click the image icon and put in the URL that photobucket gives you after uploading the picture. If anyone finds that sticky post it here.

Back