6 speaker accords

jbl2bgone

Reaction score
So i have a 01 accord that had a 6 disk cd changer built in it(not the external one). I installed a sony headunit a while back, and i just realized that the 2 tweeter speakers on the front in the dash wont work anymore. I kinda figured that the wires from the headunit only support 4 speakers (2 front and 2 rear). Anyone know which wires are the 2 speaker wires for the ones up on the dash? im thinking of taking those wires and connect them to the speaker wires for the 2 front speakers on the doors. I know the wires may be a lil different from the ones with built in cd changers or external ones. Anyone know a way to find out the speaker wires? i dont really want to cut up each wire on the wire harness and such.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
The wires are the same between your 6-disk and the Sony. The dash tweeters are wired in-line with the front speakers last I checked.

TDotCord

Reaction score
are you using an off the shelf wiring harness to connect the new deck? if so you should still have output on the 6 speakers

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
The wires are the same between your 6-disk and the Sony. The dash tweeters are wired in-line with the front speakers last I checked.

are you using an off the shelf wiring harness to connect the new deck? if so you should still have output on the 6 speakers
correct and correct.

if the front door speakers work, the tweeters should too. unless theyre blown...

jbl2bgone

Reaction score
you sure that the dash tweeters are wired onto the two front speakers? i probably might have to look into that another day or so. and yeah im using an off the shelf wire harness.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
The dash tweeters are wired with the front speakers
turn your highs all the way up and turn the lows/mids down
Fade the sound to the front. If the fron speakers are on and the tweeters are not, they are blown.

This is assuming you used the proper wiring harness and didn't splice into the stock wires

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Mine worked as well. My speakers are amped so it's easy to tell, just disconnect the amp or turn the gain down. I actually didn't notice at first, then when i found out, i disconnected them, much better now.

Back