Another new one here

98accordEX

Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here living in SoCal.

About my car:

98 Accord EX V6 VTEC A/T 93,000 k
White, tan leather interior, moonroof, stock spoiler

I bought this car about 10 months ago completely stock and am starting to upgrade little by little. I bought a new Pioneer P6800 HU and a Pioneer P670 6 disk CD changer were both already stolen about 2 months ago and I am still working on dash lights problem (posted in car audio/electronics).

I now have the stock HU back in. I replaced the stock speakers with Pioneer 6.5s and 6x9s and with MB Quart tweeters in the dash ( system sounds decent). I plan to upgrade however, by either installing my Sony Xplod HU that I already have or spending the $ (again) on another nicer HU. I also plan to upgrade my alarm system (real soon) probably with a Viper paging, remote start etc. I also have a 12 " SDAT (anybody hear of this brand) sub in custom vented box, Phoenix Gold 2 channel Amp, and a Soundstream Rubicon 4 channel amp that I want to install after my alarm is installed.

I had almost all of the car's dents and scratches repaired, the "Accord" and "V6" tags removed, and the whole car professionally repainted.

I had the widows tinted 5% all around and I think I am going today to get my fronts done too...also 5% (I know it is illegal but IMO it will look soooooo much better)

- will show b4 and after pics.

I upgraded my 15"s with

Motegi MR7 chrome 17x7 5x114.3
Nexan N3000 215/45/17 ZR rated (168 mph speed ratings)

I painted mufflers black and added chrome exhaust tips.
I had my calipers and hubs painted black with Caliper Paint

As for engine mods I have not done any yet and am still deciding whether I want too or not.

So far I am very happy with my car and this site has been great so far and I have learned a lot and I should be around for awhile so thanks for reading and for having me.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
welcome

pics.gif

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
socal krew :lolrun:

welcome bro... make sure to check out upcoming socal meets :beer:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
did you put on the 01-02 trunk and spoiler...?

if you want to post pics and youre using firefox, load up the pic on your screen, right click it, and choose "copy image location." come back to the forum page, hit crtl+v, then put an
on the back. example:

welcome to another sedan :rock:

98accordEX

Reaction score
I bought the car with that trunk and spoiler on it (I actually did not realize that the trunk and spoiler were not the 98 (though I know the car's rear was damaged at some point). I also was told that this car had newer tail lights on it too. Can you tell if that is true?

And yes, I know with a drop it would look way better. Its what I want to do next...I want to get a inexpensive but quality moderate drop. Thinking about getting some Neuspeed springs and? Any suggestions?

Also, I live in San Diego, CA. I have my car tinted 5% on all windows except front and windshield of course...however I want to tint the front 5% and be careful when I drive...or do you guys think 20% would match close enough and be significantly safer? Or is this a bad idea to go that dark all together. What do you guys think? I was actually at the tint shop about to do 5% when the guy basically talked me out of it...so I left without getting any tint saying I wanted to think about it lol.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
imo 35% is plenty dark, especially for front windows.

those tails and spoiler are definitely from an 01-02. check out my sig...thats what a 98-00 spoiler and tail lights look like (well except for the tint lol)

Back