question for audio system...

turbocayenne

Reaction score
okay, i think now is the time for me to upgrade the audio system for my baby. I have completely stock audio system right now. I just bought Pioneer DEH-P590IB head unit and i'm also thinking to buy component speakers for the fronts and 6x9 speakers for the rears. i'm new to the audio world and really need suggestions from audiophile in 6thgenaccord.com
1) what is the good component speakers??? my budget is $200 max
2) what is a good 6x9 speakers?? my budget is $120 max
3) also, i'm not gonna use amplifier...

for your reference for the speakers, i'm a big fan of jazz, but i also listen to soul music, funk, fusion, gospel, R&b, hip-hop.

please give me suggestions...

thank u very much....
Tim

Last edited:

NINaudio

Reaction score
For components I've always been a fan of Boston Acoustics. For the rears I'd say grab a set of BA's as well, so they don't sound too different from the fronts. S60's up front and S95's in the back?

CHID0

Reaction score
I have rockford 6.5 components with 2 tweeters that can be custom mounted.....I love my setup. I also got some rockford 6x9s too....might be a bit to basey though if you have subs

avalover

Reaction score
Go for some MB quarts or Infinity. Those should be in your price range. Your pioneer head unit will only put about 22 watts rms to your speakers. You should really consider adding a amp to your components to maximize sound quality. Its kinda like buying a watch with no battery. Your 6x9's should be fine runnin off your head unit. If your going to get a component system then make sure you mount the tweeter no further then 6-8 inches from your mids. You can use the factory wiring so you dont have to go through the molex, just tap into them behind your head unit.

NINaudio

Reaction score
I've always liked Polk in the lower price ranges...

turbocayenne

Reaction score
do i really2 need amps for with the headunit??? if yea, what would u suggest????
for the component, i've done some research and found these:
1)Infinity Reference 6020cs
2)Boston Acoustics SX60
3)Polk Audio MMC6500
which one do u think would sound good..

thanks guys...

Last edited:
Back