car alarm installer?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
anyone know a place in like hunterdon or somerset county NJ where i can have a car alarm installed? i called the place i was planning on going to, they havent picked up their phones, i called another place and they said they wont do it unless i order the alarm thru them (and pay $50 more for the alarm, whcih they didnt tell me but thats what wouldve happened). and i cant find any places in the phone book. so i need a place that installs viper alarms whaere you dont have to buy the alarm THRU the company, cuz that sh!t just pissed me off so bad, whats the point of buying it off the internet then!?!?!?! f*ckin bullsh!t!!
sorry, im just pissed now that i wasted $200 on this damn thing and i get told i cant have it installed cuz i didnt buy it thru someone, f*ck that place, KARTRONICS in FLEMINGTON needs to be egged....horribly, f*ckin rip offs. sorry, but yea, anyone that could help, thanks in advance.

LegendRacer22

Reaction score
judging from the price, you probably got the 2-way alarm with remote start. if so most places (circuit city, best buy, car toys) will charge around another $250 for installation.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i got the viper 5000, no remote start, i dont want that nonsense. but im not gonna go to a place like circuit city/best buy ever again, after that installation of my old system in my old car, noo way. i dont like when people cut down a 4 gauge ground wire to about a 16-18 gauge size and use a 16-18 gauge sized hook up for it to ground my amp, sorry, thats not good work imo. i need like an actual shop.

klee

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
i got the viper 5000, no remote start, i dont want that nonsense. but im not gonna go to a place like circuit city/best buy ever again, after that installation of my old system in my old car, noo way. i dont like when people cut down a 4 gauge ground wire to about a 16-18 gauge size and use a 16-18 gauge sized hook up for it to ground my amp, sorry, thats not good work imo. i need like an actual shop.

No remote start, what do you plan to do? If you only plan to do the keyless entry, alarm, and parking lights, it's fairly easy to wire on your own. I did mine in a span of 4 hours. Adding stuff in like the dome lights, remote start, trunk pop will give you headaches.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, i just wanted an alarm with keyless entry. it doesnt have a trunk popper or anything. what alarm do you have klee? and like, did all you use to install it was the installation guide it comes with?

klee

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
yea, i just wanted an alarm with keyless entry. it doesnt have a trunk popper or anything. what alarm do you have klee? and like, did all you use to install it was the installation guide it comes with?

It's a Clifford alarm. I can't remember the model number but it's the basic kit. The manual that came with the alarm is garbage. The only thing I remember using it for was to figure which wire is for the parking lights, the doors, and the alarm. After that, I used the wiring diagram on 12volt.com and accordtuner.com to figure which wires I need to tap into on the Accord. Depending on which model year, coupe, sedan, the wires are going to be located in different areas. Much of the 4 hours was spent figuring out the door trigger. That was the trickest part for me. What year/model do you have? I can send over some of the info if you are up to trying it yourself.

sadkorean34

Reaction score
best alarm you can ever purchase = CompuStar.
You'll never be disappointed, I had it on my civic and WRX.
3 attempts on my civic, couldn't go through the alarm.

Back