08' accord and 08 altima coupe test drive

white beauty

Reaction score
Alright, one of my friends is in the market for a new car, we went and drove the new altima 4 banger coupe and the new accord 4 banger sedan. We drove the altima first and i have to say i was really impressed, it had enough power for a 4 cyl(175hp) and the cvt tranny was amazing didnt feel one shift. The suspension felt tight when turning and the car just had a really solid feel all around. The interior was simple but very functional, it comes standard with alot of feature such as the keyless entry and start button, overall for the price which is about 21 base and 23 with the convience package with brings alot of things, it basically just doesnt have navi and leather, i would give this car a 9 out of 10.

Now onto the accord, i have to say i was severely disappointed, again we drove the base 4 cyl with about 177 hp, the drive was very bumpy, we felt everything, the power was just simply not there, we floored the car and we SERIOUSLY did not go anywhere, my friend currently dirves a 2003 corolla and im convinced that the corolla is faster. The tranny seemed to shift hard, but thats mainly due to the fact that we drove the altima before and the cvt tranny ruined it for the accord, The interior was really the only decent quality about the car, had a really luxurious feel to it, the sales person said it was based of the infinti M. the price was ridiculous for what we were getting 23 base and for every option we wanted the price jumped another 2 grand. I would give this car a 4 out of 10, simply not worth it. Again we drove the base 4 banger sedan, i am in no way comparing this car to the 08 coupe v6 6 speed im postive that this car will be absolutely incredible. what i am saying though is that if you are in the market for a 4 cyl sedan or coupe and want a car that is nicely equipped. as far as the altima and accord go, the altima is hands down the winner.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
To be honest with you, if I had decide between the two based on looks alone, I'd go with the Altima Coupe over the new Accord Sedan hands down.

jccg5

Reaction score
i been dislike the new accord for while so i should continue dislike it...and still 6thgen for the win

98accordlx

Reaction score
thats not even fair compairing ride quality between a coupe and a sedan. and if hes looking at the coupe altima hes better off looking at the 350z or one of the infinity models. thats been stated in quite a few car mag's also.

Accord_4_life

Reaction score
the cvt tranny was amazing didnt feel one shift

Im confused. I thought the CVT transmission didnt shift??

I dont mind the way the new Accords look. The sedan V6 (with the different bumpers then the 4 banger) look the best I find. Im not fond of the coupe. My sales person took me for a ride in his 6speed coupe, and must say that thing hauled some serious ***! Well...compared to the 6th gen haha. It was very smooth.

98accordlx

Reaction score
it shifts they just reduced/eliminated the shift shock found in most automatic transmissions. the first car i rode in with the reuduced shift shock was the hyundai sonata with the v6 in it, for a while there i thought my friends rental car had a busted trans up until he said thats how it was and then punched it at a light. didnt feel it but heard it shift.

nexTOme

Reaction score
wow... 1 year old thread revive. Have they released the 09 accord and altima yet? :p

i know...i was like...oh shiiiiznit! its JC!!!! that mother father!

no wait.....:lawl:

accordman1

Reaction score
I work at nissan and I think the 3.5 liter v6 sedan and coupes are quick. I have test drove both and they pick up. I have not tested the new accord's but I think nissan has powerful cars. I do pdi's on all the cars which is pre delivery inspection. The cvt you do not feel anything and the 2.5 liter altima's pick up pretty good. Now the Maxima that car is crazy with power and everything about it. There are a lot of dumb recalls on the new altima's though and I am not sure about the accord.

Back