day time driveing lights?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
bad idea, and illegal.

basically you apply power to them any time the ignition is on though. Get a wiring diagram, should be easy enough to figure out.

du3ce

Reaction score
uh no its not illegal if it was then half of the cars on the road with them would be also, its just a safety precaution.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I did mine but they're hooked to a switch. Just go to autozone and buy some 9005 harnesses and a fog light wiring kit and wire it up. That simple. I painted my highbeam reflectors will yellow stained glass paint so they look super sexy!! :thumbsup:

DSC02008.JPG

About $20 total.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
its illegal to have daytime running lights?

No, but having your high beams on is. It should be done with the low beams, and most cars that have it OEM have a voltage drop resistor to cut the headlight brightness.

This state it is illegal to drive with any headlights on during the day, unless the car has daytime running lights (because they are dimmer), other states may have similar laws.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
No, but having your high beams on is. It should be done with the low beams, and most cars that have it OEM have a voltage drop resistor to cut the headlight brightness.

This state it is illegal to drive with any headlights on during the day, unless the car has daytime running lights (because they are dimmer), other states may have similar laws.

i understand wat u're saying, but technically, a daytime driving light is supposed to be running at 50% or less of full power... i had a DRL kit last time, but it never really worked perfectly... could never figure out the problem, so i trashed it :redface2:

Back