Broken Intake-Replacement *56K NOT Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackaccord69

Reaction score
Because I got a couple requests for pictures, here is the gem I called my AEM CAI and the replacement by the BOMZ Short Ram.

*WARNING* Engine Bay is extremely dirty.

Engine Bay Before:
IMG_1577.jpg

Close Up of Broken Intake:
IMG_1578.jpg

Broken at the bypass valve, you can't tell too well but the metal is actually sheared at the end. Also, I didn't take pictures of the filter being broken inwards, and the side screw (to hold the intake in place) being completely ripped off, so now I have half a screw sticking out in my engine bay.
IMG_1579.jpg

New Intake: BOMZ Short Ram. Review: It's nicer looking, has larger piping, and is deeper/louder at WOT, it's really not as bad as people buying off e-bay say it is, it's not half bad.

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

Thanks for looking!
IMG_1591.jpg

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
looks good. that sucks about your cai, it looks like just the bypass valve ripped in 2, but im sure its much worse. how long you thinkg you were driving around like that?

blackaccord69

Reaction score
sadkorean34: nah it's not loud, apexi world sport exhaust is nice and smooth, not loud at all

Sketch o5: filter was broken in, ripped off the side mount, and the bypass you can't really see all the damage..i had duct taped it for a while more than what you see, but i had driven around for about 2 weeks like that

klee

Reaction score
Holy cow dude. I have NEVER heard of an intake shearing at the joints. That's pretty crazy. I'm glad nothing was sucked into the throttle body.

blackaccord69

Reaction score
Yeah I know, I don't even know how it happened. Once I saw it though, I tossed out the ole' duct tape and patched it up temporarily.

Hammer03

Reaction score
i wonder if you've got a busted motor mount or what, i mean, how do you break an intake?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Personally, I'm thinking that could be a defect or something. I've never heard of that happening.
I don't see anything wrong with an Ebay intake. Just change the filter to a K&N

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
dude, u drive around with 18s in winter??? u have balls man.... :p sweet looking car tho.. dun think i've seen it b4

i have an AEM bypass valve for sale if u wanna replace it.... $30 shipped is all i ask for ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back