Bypass autostart for 5sp

CHID0

Reaction score
If I understand your question, you're asking if you can put an autostarter in a car with a manual transmission......

yes you can, I'm not sure how it's done but I have it done on my civic and I had an installer friend of mine do it off the books...

Or if you wanted to DIY check the12volt for instructions.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
It would hook up pretty much the same way as an auto wouldn't it?? You just can't have the car in gear??

CHID0

Reaction score
If you leave it in gear and start it, it could jump and hit something or somebody.....

nexTOme

Reaction score
It would hook up pretty much the same way as an auto wouldn't it?? You just can't have the car in gear??

when i was getting an alarm for my car, i asked the guy if i can get a auto start for my sitck shift, he said i can get that, but he wont write me a receipt for it.

yes, you cant have your car in gear, even if you have e-brake engaged.

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
I work in commercial insurance claims and we had an electronics shop we insure that accidentally hit the auto start while a Dodge SRT4 was parked & in gear. (They did not install the auto start, they were working on the sound system.) It jumped & hit a solid support beam in the shop causing about 5k damage to the car. For that reason I am still a little nervous to install auto start on my 5spd. Even although I always leave it in neutral & e-braked when I park (unless I am parked on a hill of course).

Jeffro

Reaction score
You have to bypass the clutch. It's one of those risky things for a car, though. Some insurance companies won't insure the car if it has a starter on a manual transmission because its a safety issue.

SteadFast

Reaction score
It is illegal in most states, and as an MECP Certified installer, I will NOT install remote start on a stardard.

That being said, if you still want to risk, at least be safe"r"
The safest way to do it with a DEI 689M

Back