push start

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
what do you guys think of push start on a 6thgen?
is it hard to do, is it going to mess with the electrical systems and f00k up the car? just looking for fun gimmicks.

indowanksta88

Reaction score
the thing about the push button start for our cars is that, if you do it successfully, u will still need to put the key into the ignition and twist it to the second position and then only the push button start will work. i still say go for it because i think it the push button start is a nice feature, but there was a thread on here about a month ago and lot of people were hating on it saying that you can just turn the key just a little bit more and u can start the engine, lol, when i get home, ill post up some links i have saved on my computer about some companies that sell the kit and shows you a DIY too

angelusnhc

Reaction score
ok let me clear this up bc i just had this on my car and just sold it for 30 shipped. well its a simple install. the key needs to be in the second position then you push the button. after a while i got tired of pushing that damn button and just turned the key a tad more. the one i had was an oem for an s2000 actually. i did end up changing the button out for a smaller oner bc most of them are pretty massive and there isnt much room in our cars to put them. i say go for it.. it is possible to wire it up to where the key will not start the car but only the button will. i had it installed this way on my dodge neon. instead of taping into the wire you will cut if completly. but this is a great way to empress ppl and another good way to mess you car up. bc alot of idiots will see a big red button and start pushing the hell out of it. hehehe.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
here is a pic of the one i had.

pushstart2iu5.jpg

angelusnhc

Reaction score
thats one hell of a massive button LOL

you got that right. and it leaves one hell of a massive hole too. hehehe. hence the reason i got a smaller button. if i remember when i get home ill get pics of it installed on my neon so you can really see how big this button is. just think of milk bottol cap and then add like 2 inches to it and you got thebutton.

Back