02 accord ex v6

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
Car has trouble leaving park, and brake lights don't come on until i hit the brake pedal several times, its like the switch thats on the pedal is going bad. It works sometimes and often it doesn't. Almost caused me to get rear-ended yesterday, and now I know why. As I was backing out of my driveway this morning looking into my rearview mirror, i couldn't see my 3rd brake light light up, so I knew something was up, I pumped the brakes and bam, it came on. Do you guys think it sounds like a faulty switch?

james'99

Reaction score
Yes. Fought this issue recently on a friend's car. It is a two pole switch. One pole is connected to the brake lights, one pole to the cruise control. The shifter interlock monitors the brake circuit to tell when you can shift out of park. It is more than likely the brake switch. I recall it being a $30 switch at advance auto and they had it on hand.

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am going to order the switch and stick it on there. It just kinda made me angry cause it was cold and I had to use my arms as my stop signal. lol.

Back