02 V6 Temp Gauge Issues

Sterlinator

Reaction score
Hi All - new to the site here. I am having issues with my temp gauge not moving off cold, the needle doesn't move at all. I have replaced the sensor (with a used sensor) and also sent the instrument cluster off for repair. The repair shop indicated there was nothing wrong with the temp gauge when they tested it on the bench. I don't think there is anything wrong with the sensor, because I can read the water temp on my scan gauge II. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sterlin

xci.ed6

Reaction score
test it.

Set a DVOM to continuity, one probe at the sensor end, with the other work you're way towards the ecm. where it stops beeping, you're problem is in there.

If nothing looks messed up, I bet your problem is through the firewall, so run another wire with heat-shrink (!!!!) crimp butt connectors.

Sterlinator

Reaction score
Thanks for the information - do you by chance know which wire it is that feeds to the back of the cluster? There's quite few wires that are routed back there.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Nope :p

On honda's where the wires the same, look at the temp sensor wire, 90% chance it's that one.

Back