1999 Accord ex sedan, leaking!!

flight_90

Reaction score
Hi, I noticed that my car is leaking this morning. I have it stored in the garage and today I took it for a ride and noticed a leak.

I was aware of a small power steering leak but today.. I noticed that some sort of a black fluid was also present...

These are the pictures right near the front left wheel, directly under the steering wheel.

So anyways... ideas? suggestions?

vy438y.jpg

1vndy.jpg

11r6fdw.jpg

34h7820.jpg

this new leak seems to be black much more thicker and the power steering leak is clear.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
It's definitely oil. But it could be from anything unfortunately. If its really coming from the bottom it could be a main seal.

bucho44

Reaction score
You also might wanna check the distributor. The O-ring wears out and the oil drips out pretty fast. I just bought that earlier for $2 as well as the heater hose ($18) because the oil dripped onto the hose, it wore out and busted today while driving.

001Stunna

Reaction score
If you could get some pics of the back of the engine itd prob help more in pinpointing it.

A main seal would leak on the mating points of the engine/transmission. It usually doesn't just start out of the blue with heavy leakage though...it usually slowly progresses and gets worse.

Just get under there and inspect

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
^this also is this a manual or an auto car? if manual it could be an axle seal. mines leaking and after completely cleaning everything under the car I can dive it for a day put it back on the lift and the whole underside is covered in fluid.

AZmike

Reaction score
I had a leak that looked a lot like that. I found some of the power steering hose clamps needed to be tightened a bit. How is your power steering fluid level?

Back