2000 Accord Sedan Unlocks Itself

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2000 accord sedan F23 Auto well I have an issue it doesn't have keyless entry so when I go in for work I'll leave my cigarettes and phone in the car well I'll lock all the doors manually because my switch only works the front 2 the back locks move but wont ever lock/unlock so I do them manually well I always make absolute sure that my doors are all locked but I have came out of my work on lunch at least 6 times now and my driver door will be unlocked has anyone else had this issue and what can I do to fix this it has happened too many times and I'm too careful for it to be me which I also have issues with my windows the passenger window clicks but wont go up or down thanks in advance I'm worried my car or my phone/cigs, etc. Inside will get stolen if I don't fix this my car is always in Walmart parking lot where I work so it's highly possible!!!

SupraGuy

Reaction score
Buy a can of graphite lubricant. take off your door panels and use it to get the locks working the way that they're supposed to. Give the ignition switch a bit of love, too. While you're at it, make sure that the door pins all work as they're supposed to.

For the car unlocking itself, without keyless entry, there aren't that many possibilities.

1. The car thinks that you're locking your keys in the car. If you try to lock the doors with the driver's door open and the ignition key in the cylinder, it will unlock itself. Mine will unlock all 4 doors, but then my power locks are working correctly. Since only your driver's door seems to work, it may be that it's the only one that unlocks. If you use some of that graphite lubricant (Not much!) your key sense circuit should be better. As a bonus, your power locks should work as expected. There may be other situations in which the car thinks that you may have locked the keys in the car.

2. Someone installed aftermarket keyless entry as a part of a security system or remote start, and the remote for someone else's is somehow triggering yours. I've seen it happen, though only with older systems.

3. You're not quite as careful as you think, or the lock button is a bit sticky. Given that the rest of the power locks aren't working properly, there must be some other environmental factors at work making these things not work. A bit more maintenance may fix things. Alternately, lock the doors with the key from the outside.

Reaction score
I will try the graphite lube thinks for the idea...I did start locking the driver door with the key just because I wanted to be absolutely sure that it wasn't unlocking just because the door was open but i always pulled the handle to make sure , when it first started happening i was afraid someone was popping my lock but then thought about how risky that would be in such a public place plus nothing was ever missing, I would never notice if they did though lol because my aluminum window trim up front for the driver and passenger sides are bent up bad from what looks like people getting into it I guess they locked their keys in the car idk... Thank you for the idea though and hopefully that will fix my locks that gets annoying

Back