2002 Sedan beater in Madison and looking for some tips

WIKid

Reaction score
I just joined here on account of my purchasing an 02 sedan the other day.

She has 160,000 on her and some body ugliness. The rear bumper had a nasty sink in it that I managed to pop out most of with a heat gun, but the front plastic under bumper (not sure of the exact name) is crunched and gone. She also has some hail damage.

The good news is she runs like a top, has a clean interior, zero rust, came with a nice alpine deck/10" subwoofer/amp, has the 5 speed manual, and I got her for a decent price ($1650).

After buying her I was blown away at how cheap and easily available parts are.

My other car is an 01 Audi A4 Avant Quattro shooting brake so I am used to parts being absurdly priced and needing specialty tools to do anything.

When I was a kid my first car was an 87 CRX (which I loved to death) and a 1992 Acura Integra and then a few years ago i sold my 98 Honda CRV so I am no stranger to Hondas, but I guess its only been in the past couple years I have really gotten into the whole DIY stuff.

My new 2002 Accord sedan will never be pretty on account of the hail damage. I would never pay to have the hail damage on a 12 year old car fixed, but I think I might want to make her like a rugged uggled beater cruiser.

Not sure if there is a "club" of import tuner dudes up here in the Madison area who know where to find parts around here or what, but I am sure I will be asking this forum for some help and advice.

agginline86

Reaction score
I'm from wisconsin originally (MKE!)
my little brother has a quatro, exhaust work is such a pain on that car

welcome to the site, i'll be back in wisco for the holidays
not looking forward to the cold....

Madison used to have a tuner scene actually, I imagine still do

Are you planning any mods?
the plastic under the front bumper is just a splash guard, most members are lowered so it usually goes to shit haha
good find on the 5 spd though! f23s are solid

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i saw a B4 on the side of the highway the other day :lawl:

i live in madison and i have a couple left over parts from my 6th gen (blackhoused headlights, K&N panel filter, modified stock airbox, etc) so that would save on shipping. nothing special, but cheap :lawl:

theres a handful of modified CGs here, i can literally name them on one hand.

Metalp3n

Reaction score
Welcome to the site man. I see me and you are both experiencing the cheapness of the CG and how great that is - haha.

Back