jaz

Reaction score
Ok so i just got my new alarm system installed today.. everything works great, EXCEPT when i leave my car for long periods of time.. even like 10 minutes or so and go to unlock my car.. my alarm goes off, i geuss the stock alarm? i tried unlocking with my oem keyless entry thing and then my aftermarket alarm goes off.. so i have to unlock the car with both keyless entry thingys..

does the 00 v6 ex have like an auto lock that i'm unaware of? like walk away from the car unlocked and it locks itself? and if so is there any way i can disable that?

If this has been covered already please send me in the right direction, I tried searching but didn't find anything related.. thanks

Cpyro

Reaction score
Re: Aftermarket Alarm Problems

My old clifford alarm has that setting, after five mins it arms and locks it self, also if u leave the key in the ignition even if its just turn for u to hear the radio it would go nuts, take it to where u got it installd. they should have taken out the old alarm dont see why both would work.

finch13

Reaction score

The factory alarm should have an auto-lock switch you can turn off, you just have to hunt down the brain and flip the switch.

finch13

Reaction score

You need to LOOK for it... the recommended spot is on the backside of the trim panel that goes underneath the steering column. But it could be anywhere... like under the seat. The wire harness plug in to the back side of the fuse box on the driver's side, follow them.

SilverAggie

Reaction score

My aftermarket alarm hates me and sometimes doesn't chirp when I unlock it. Does anyone have any ideas for this? I've checked the ground and all the wires to the chirp and I can't find a short.:wtf1:

jaz

Reaction score

You need to LOOK for it... the recommended spot is on the backside of the trim panel that goes underneath the steering column. But it could be anywhere... like under the seat. The wire harness plug in to the back side of the fuse box on the driver's side, follow them.
well you say look for it? does that mean all our brains are in different spots? that doesnt make sense to me...

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accelect00.html

security system then view installation instructions
thanks for the link man, i'll check it out

My aftermarket alarm hates me and sometimes doesn't chirp when I unlock it. Does anyone have any ideas for this? I've checked the ground and all the wires to the chirp and I can't find a short.:wtf1:

what kind of alarm? help me first! lol thread jacker

dynasty

Reaction score

question, where did you get them installed? i'm sure the installer should of done something to prevent this.

jaz

Reaction score

right now i'm not getting any problems, ever since i've been immediatly locking car after i get out i have no problems unlocking it with the alarm going off... for now i'd say problem solved until in the future i will want to disable the factory alarm...

i guess right now i'd like to make it more sensitive so i'll have to figure out how to do that

Back