7thgen tranny ??

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
accordv6.jpg

Does anyone know what this is that I have circled??

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
Thats what the mechanic called it but I've looked all over online for one and can't find it. I called a honda dealer in paramus nj (nearest me) and the person I spoke to said there is no starters on trannys. It seems the tranny I bought doesn't have one and now I need one ASAP. Anyone know where I could get a part number for it?? Usually I find all the part numbers for what I need online but for this I can't even find it. Obviously dumbass at the honda don't know **** so I don't even trust them (might order the wrong part or something)

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
It has to be the starter. Mine went out on my 6th gen and it was iin the same spot u circled.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
why does it say mitsubishi?? Damn that part is $345. Jesus thats half of what I paid for the tranny.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Won't let me edit my previous post so:

Mitsubishi makes the starter motors, but other companies make them as well.

Heres a couple from napa, just make sure to look at the ones that say w/manual transmission
clicky

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
Okay thanks I'll see if I go to a whole seller I found when I needed to replace my shift solenoid. Had found it $50 cheaper then what I was qouted by honda hopefully I'll have the same luck again

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Thats what the mechanic called it but I've looked all over online for one and can't find it. I called a honda dealer in paramus nj (nearest me) and the person I spoke to said there is no starters on trannys. It seems the tranny I bought doesn't have one and now I need one ASAP. Anyone know where I could get a part number for it?? Usually I find all the part numbers for what I need online but for this I can't even find it. Obviously dumbass at the honda don't know **** so I don't even trust them (might order the wrong part or something)

I am floored by this person's stupidity.

I by parts like starters from autozone or whaTever auto parts store. They work just fine

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
Yea its not the first time something like that happens to me. As amatter a fact the reason why I needed the new shift solenoid was because the metal bracket under the battery tray broke and the battery landed on it and broke it. When I was speaking to the person in the dealership about me getting new bolts and bracket for it he said theres nothing metal under the battery tray at first and then once i proved him wrong he said it needs to be welded on. A few days later I go to replace the solenoids and take out the battery tray and notice the freaking thing is NOT welded on. Kid was a dumbass and me even a bigger one for believing him after just proving him wrong about the part itself. This is why I don't trust ppl and rather find info on my own

Back