99 Accord slow oil leak...

RussianMenace

Reaction score
It all began during the last oil change when I noticed oil residue where there shouldn't be any. I took some pix and gave it a quick wipe down. Yesterday (about a month later), I was changing my brake rotors and noticed a small oil spot under the car, so I went under. Again, there was oil in places there shouldn't be any. I thought it was just a slow seal leak, but then i noticed some oil by the belt on the driver side.

I've attached a gallery with some pictures, let me know if I need to take additional ones of different places/angles.

Below is the link to the gallery(sorry can't post a direct one as a new member , just get rid of the spaces)

h t t p s://w w w.dropbox.c o m/sh/org52a048xvbm22/50wu156qKM

Thought I would try here before I drop a couple $100 at the shop for something I "may" be able to do myself.

Any ideas/suggestions/concerns/gripes?

~cheers

001Stunna

Reaction score
From your pics i would say your oil pan gasket seems to leak and you seem to have it coming from the timing cover...which i would think either balance shaft seal or cam seal might be leaking. Take the cover off and inspect.

Also check the top valve cover to make sure its not leaking from the top and streaming down.

Back