ABS Conversion?

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
Ok so I do have ABS then because the module is there. I guess that would have to mean a bad bulb, which probably also means the ABS was malfunctioning for a long time in order for the bulb to go out in the first place. Great.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
No worries, our abs system works well, better than older 3-channel system (or 1-channel, rr only together). The brake system works well too, so it isn't really needed.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
Check into replacing the bulb and report back if it's on after swapping it. There is a paper clip procedure for reading the codes.

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
SO, I'm 95% sure I figured out the problem. While doing my interior LED conversion, I discovered that my gauge cluster is a salvage from a 98. As far as I can tell, there isn't even a place for an ABS light in this cluster. Once I get a proper 01-02 cluster, that will most likely solve the problem. Also, both my temp gauge and low fuel light don't work, which I'm hoping can also be solved with the year-appropriate cluster.

CokeZero

Reaction score
SO, I'm 95% sure I figured out the problem. While doing my interior LED conversion, I discovered that my gauge cluster is a salvage from a 98. As far as I can tell, there isn't even a place for an ABS light in this cluster. Once I get a proper 01-02 cluster, that will most likely solve the problem. Also, both my temp gauge and low fuel light don't work, which I'm hoping can also be solved with the year-appropriate cluster.

Yes, temp will work with correct cluster.

Back