Adjust Tensioner

crosed

Reaction score
Hi everybody..
i have a problem with my accord,
last time private mechanic did change my timing belt,and then i feel very tight..
and he adjust the tensioner,just open the valve cover and upper timing cover..
but until now , still tight , he move out to the other state already..
please help to give me some description,how to adjust the timing tensioner..

because my timing belt sound is like this :

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLNYqaslvPY
thx so much

kn0x47

Reaction score
i have no clue what half of what you just said means but keep searching youtube. there's a video where a guy tells you how to properly adjust the tensioners

crosed

Reaction score
i have no clue what half of what you just said means but keep searching youtube. there's a video where a guy tells you how to properly adjust the tensioners

Do you have the link of that video?i try searching but until now none

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's in the same place but the tensioner on the V6 is right here. Hope this helps! Black arrow pointing to the bolt, 10mm long socket. If you need a pic of it further away let me know.

crosed

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's in the same place but the tensioner on the V6 is right here. Hope this helps! Black arrow pointing to the bolt, 10mm long socket. If you need a pic of it further away let me know.

Thanks for your help,i check for the 4 cyl position,i found that,so just open the bot counterclock?or how?

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Thanks for your help,i check for the 4 cyl position,i found that,so just open the bot counterclock?or how?

Counterclockwise to loosen it making the belt looser and vise-versa to tighten it. Try both ways and see what makes the noise stop.

Back