AEM Big Rotor Kit install... and blunders

finch13

Reaction score
13"? damn...

are the calipers dual pod? or single piston?

single, you can tell by how many bulges are in the back when you look at the pics.

^ Correct! Roy, they're "pots" not "pods" :eusa_wall:
I didn't want to wait to mess around with Legend calipers and see if they fit the 11" V6 rotors and what not... Prelude calipers were $27/ea... couldn't pass it up.

nice come up! when i threw mine it was day and night, better stopping power and no fading when pushing them hard but i want a more aggressive initial bite ... i wonder if aftermarket wilwood M/C would make a difference

Have you tried a different pad? What I like about using factory calipers is that I have like 7 different car and a gang of manufacturers to choose from, whereas a traditional BBK, you're usually stuck with that company's pads.

Hey Brandon,

How much did you get the material for for a CanAm Chef's apron??? :coffee:
Like the BR upgrade though, very nice. Planning on keeping the rears stock?

Some day that apron is going to show up in your mailbox and your jaw will hit the floor!

My friend wants to do the 5 lug swap so I'm just going to steal his rear discs when the time comes. I just spent $80 a few weeks ago rebuilding the rear drums from the ground up so I'd like to keep them for a while :)

That looks awesome, glad you solved the fitment issue. :thumbup:

Me too! I really didn't want to ask for my money back and leave you with something even more useless!

Well, I painted the calipers with Duplicolor High Temp (1200ºF :naughty:) low-gloss black... I couldn't tell what color they were when I was done... looked like gunmetal :lawl:

Tomorrow is project day, I'm doing brakes and helping my buddy build a new sub box!

Back