Alarm help please

ubik

Reaction score
My all my turn signals have stopped working with my alarm. When I locked the car they would flash three times then when I unlocked it they would flash. Now they aren't flashing at all. I think I might have done it my self by accident like held one of the buttons too long or pressed lock three times in a row by mistake or something.

also in the manual it says that you can get the alarm to beep when you turn it on or off but doesn't tell you how. Any one know how?

Or if any one can post a link to the alarm, key fob, central locking instructions that would be good.

poff1986

Reaction score
Hard to tell, dont know what type of alarm it is, may have a relay gone bad because the flashers dont work, get in car and push the button, you should hear a relay click under the dash when the alarm pulses the flashers...if not then replace it.

ubik

Reaction score
Sorry should have said it's the standard factory alarm.

Any one know where the hood alarm catch/switch is ?

ubik

Reaction score
Not happy now my alarm has stopped working completely:(

Any one had trouble in the past ?

I found the hood switch, It's a tiny micro switch built into the catch. I haven't had time to get my tester on it yet but you can hold it down with a screw driver and the alarm still wont set.

I've read it could be the drivers door?

ubik

Reaction score
Right, this is doing my head in!!
I've just locked my car and the alarm came on. Has anyone had any dodgey alarm faults before?

ubik

Reaction score
Right I've tracked it back to the switch on the drivers door key hole (the switch that is on the back of the barrel). Anyone got a spare or know the best place to buy one?

Back