Alarm went off out of no where

james'99

Reaction score
What are these tests you speak of? I think my alarm system is acting funky. Theres a button I usually hold under the steering wheel that shuts off the alarm system when this happens.

You'll want to lock yourself in the car with a means of disarming the alarm. Best way to do this is to just have your key in hand and unplug the horn relay so that you can do this without having to listen to the horn. Just use the parking lights as your indicator.

So, when you are locked in the car for about a minute. If you don't have a remote, the correct way to lock the car is with the key in the door, or the power lock switch with the door open. Then close it. Security lightt should be flashing. Wait a minute for the system to arm.

^ You'll be doing that part a number of times. You want to check the accurate functionality of the hood switch, door switches and trunk switch. Opening any of these with the security system armed should set it off. Also trying to start the car with the security system armed should throw it.

Got02Accord

Reaction score
Its the front hood latch. Over time they get finiky and will cause the alarm to be tripped. Mine did the same thing and checked the battery and it was fine and it turned out to be hood latch. I honestly just disconnected the connector at the latch and I havent had a issue ever since. Alarm will still arm.

Back