Anyone else have this problem?

Erik123456789

Reaction score
Ever since I got a turbo and installed the front mount intercooler, my front bumper tends to fold inward like this..

Well tonight.. I decided to weld 2 metal strips onto the chassis to push the bumper outward a bit.

and the result..! was this lol.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Nice fix!

I have that problem too, and I believe it is due to tension. Parts of the bumper cannot clear the intercooler when the bumper is fitted, so it bends in other areas. I cut away as much as possible from areas of tension/contact with intercooler and it fixed it more or less.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Nice fix!

I have that problem too, and I believe it is due to tension. Parts of the bumper cannot clear the intercooler when the bumper is fitted, so it bends in other areas. I cut away as much as possible from areas of tension/contact with intercooler and it fixed it more or less.

i agree just couldnt think how to word it last night when i saw this....i assume me being **** faced had something to do with it... :lawl:

check out the first pic... looks like the intercooler is pushing on it pretty good too...look at the grille in the bumper

Back