Anyone have these wheels?

99EXCoupe

Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to this board but not new to Honda's. Recently aquired a 99 Coupe and am in the process of modifying. So far I have the koni/GC set up and am now looking at wheels/tires.

http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/WheelDetails.cfm?IDNumber=STR 601 SILVER&SKU=9800&CheckFit=1

http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/WheelDetails.cfm?IDNumber=kr628_hypsil&SKU=2966&CheckFit=1

Has anyone run these wheels before? I plan on running the 17X7 (or 7.5) with the Nexen 215/50/17. I am lowering but not slamming. This is my work commuter so it see's all types of driving.

The description of the wheel states HPO offset (high positive offset) which should keep me away from tire rub. I am going with the 215/50 instead of other lower profile tires for 2 reasons;

- more sidewall to fill fender gap
- more sidewall flex for interstate driving ( I am older and cannot lose anymore fillings as with my previous lowered vehicles)

Any advice or helpful hints from experience would be appreciated

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Good pick for suspension.

As for the rims, don’t think I’ve seen anyone with those exact ones, but it’s a bit of a moot point since the specs are not aggressive. What matters is the exact offset, they should say what it is. I would call them and find out.

Your reasons for wanting the 215/50 tire are fine, but (if you are V6) the real reason you want that size is because that is the correct tire size to maintain closest factory wheel diameter, which will keep your speedometer/odometer accurate. If you are 4cyl, I’m not sure if that’s the right size or not. Either way, you don’t want to just change tire specs at will because if you don’t maintain the overall diameter the factory wheels were, your speedo/odo will not be accurate.

Last edited:

99EXCoupe

Reaction score
Thanks RedRyder,

I have enjoyed reading about/looking at all of the rides on here. My real car hobby is older GM musclecars (67 camaro, 72 chevelle) but I just cannot drive a stock vehicle so I try to learn from folks like you.

My speedometer is already off a little. Actually the 215/45/17 is the correct diameter for my car (4 cyl), but I will recalibrate the speedo to the new tires.

The rim offset is 45 according to the phone call, but they are verifying because he used the term " 45 offset.. I think"....... that "I think" statement has cost me in the past.

They guarantee fitment with the 215/45/17 so I think I will be ok. I really wanted the silver BBS wheel but cannot get it (for a reasonable price) in 17" wheel.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No problem. Nice cars! My dad has a 66 Chevelle SS.

If you're able to recalibrate gauges, then I guess that opens up some flexibility. I personally wouldn't mess with that, it's just easier to stick with one setup. Unless you plan on never changing wheel size again...which I doubt haha.

Even with a +45 et you'll be okay since the rim is only 7" wide. Even with the 7.5" you'd be okay. Especially since you aren't dropping that car that much.

99EXCoupe

Reaction score
OK, another question on these wheels...... I noticed on the website that they have the same wheel with gold (except for the lip). I was convinced on the silver, but after looking at the pic threads I noticed a lot of white rides with the gold rims.

My car is a white EX with sunroof, tinted windows and factory rear spoiler. which wheel would look better? I like both, but not sure what the current trend is.

I will also be adding a lip kit eventually, but kind of want to keep it black. It is lowered but not slammed (maybe 1 to 2 finger gap)

Maybe the black rims??

Thanks.........

Newb

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Let me just say one thing. Screw trends. Don't let yourself get caught up in following mainstream stuff, just do what you want to do and make your car your own.

I think white with gold looks pretty nice, check out GhostRyder's car.

I personally do not think black rims look all that great.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Should I bring out the racist card?

OP, there are various trends with our cars, but it does come down to what you like/what your budget can handle.

There are plenty of white cars on here running various wheel setups, so you can either follow suit with what they are doing, or go your own route and run a setup that is unique/different and possibly trend setting.

The Accords that get emulated, tend to be the ones that didn't do what the majority is doing.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Let me just say one thing. Screw trends. Don't let yourself get caught up in following mainstream stuff, just do what you want to do and make your car your own.

I think white with gold looks pretty nice, check out GhostRyder's car.

This.

White/gold/silver/polished/gun metal/black will go well with any car.

99EXCoupe

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am one to buck trends and do my own thing, but have made mistakes with it in the past.

Appreciate the push back in my lane..... I will probably go with my initial draw to the silver rims. Still like the gold also, but I think the car should be a little more modified to pull it off.

I would like to compliment all of you so far on everything I have seen on this forum. I belong to a few others that are full of haters, internet bullies and cyberspace automotive engineers. This site seems very welcoming, thanks!

Back