Audio Weight Racing

retroshark

Reaction score
ok well now that youve given some details, i can see why you want the caps. either way, all that setup is gonan cost you in weight. its gonna probably make a difference to your cars acceleration, but still, our 6th gens arent that compertative with just bolt ons anyway. even a swap is only gonna bring us up to speed with a prelude or two. so dont worry about it too much. until your talking in terms of supercharging or turbocharging your motor, i wouldnt worry about weight stripping.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
caps still wouldn't be the best way to handle any electrical problems.

and just get 1 monoblock amp to power both subs, and then a 2 or 4 channel for your mods/highs depending on whether or not your running a rear stage.

or you could just get a nice 6channel and be done

Sonnick

Reaction score
if you get a cap...make sure its big enough. i had .5 farad with 2200 watts and my amp smoked within 1 week. amp was fine, but i would rather have a yellow top back there. i upgraded to a yellow top and not only was it louder, but sounded cleaner. yea its 40lbs but worth it. im in the same boat...i want to be quick and have a stereo. but dude, my cars running 16 flat right now with heavy 17s, like retroshark said when we are in the 14s worried about getting into the 13s, then weight is an issue. i love speed but gotta have my stereo, even if it makes .2 difference in the quarter. just drop on some lightweight rims to make up for it, thats what im doing ;)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
simply upgrading your electrical grounds will make a bigger difference than adding cap(s) or a battery without upgrading your electrical grounds. i'm running about 600watts (which, is PLENTY) and all i've done is upgraded my grounds. my lights don't dim anymore or any of that crap.

there's a stickied thread in audio section about how to do the DIY. it's pretty simple hour max and maybe $20 in materials.

also, please everyone do not become the consumer *****s big companies want you to. once you're running 100watts, your "system" won't really get any louder if you keep adding juice. people are always worried about running their sub(s) with as much power as it will take. my idmax is a 1k wrms sub, i'm only giving it 600wrms and that **** is plenty loud.

anyways the point i'm trying to get at is back to the weight thing. if you're worried about weight, even more reason to listen to me lol. say you want to run 2 subs and they are rated at 300wrms each. if you can find a single amp that puts out 250+ wrms then just go with that, it will be plenty to power both subs.

i need to quite haha. once i get on one of these subjects i'll keep talking forever :p

Back