Avic D3

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
That's perfect..... unless you want Nav. :lawl:

You have to buy a specific iPod cable... that's it. It hooks right up.

turbocayenne

Reaction score
what do u mean that's perfect unless i want nav??
i know kenwood is built in garmin nav and i've been using garmin for awhile so that's kinda perfect. If i can find use this used, i'll buy it

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Ah. I'm sorry I misspoke. I was thinking of a different model. Yeah it has nav, lol.

Okay, I don't know what kind of system you have in mid for this thing, but a couple things to think about.

1. There are only 2 preouts for the 5120, meaning no preout for a subwoofer. For me, that was the deal breaker. I HAD to get the 7120 for my setup. (4ch amp running F+R speakers, Mono amp running 12" sub on the sub preout.)

2. The screen is significantly smaller. Compared to the 7" screen :)boink:), this just wasn't doing it for me. :)

If you're just doing some nice speakers and don't mind a smaller screen, OR if you just find a helluva deal then jump on it. But if you want some real bass or maybe need something more, I'd say look for a deal on another model.

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Honestly, I think all In dash navi units suck. A lot of factory units are garbage too. I hear the portable's like TomTom and etc. do a better job because they are more easily updated. I just dont like how those units look inside the car plus indash units serve more than just navi.

I had an Eclipse avn5435 that was ok but it was sketchy too. Toyota uses Eclipse units and it looks almost identical.

Even though I know that the navi isnt up to par, im still wanting to spend money on one just because it's better than nothing. The point is to have a "all-in-one" kinda unit. All brands lack something that another has.

Back