Awh man, fuel pump went out:(

snowCGcoupe02

Reaction score
02 4 banger SE coupe

Fuses: Check
Relay: Check

Pulled the hose off the fuel rail and turned the key to ACC, no pressure what-so-ever. Cant hear the fuel pumps little noise when the keys on.

SO, anybody know of an easier way to get to the fuel pump for replacement? Im really hoping I dont have to drop the whole tank out just to get to it. :skurred:

Took out the back seat, thats not an option (that I know of).
Maybe I can find a little bypass through the trunk or something, dunno. Figured a pro might stumble across the post. But, If there is already a thread about it, I researched in the "Urgent" section and no luck.

Help pleaseeeee :omgbd:

HomerJay

Reaction score
You don't need to drop the tank. I recently changed mine out. Picked up a Denso pump from Advance Auto Parts (online) and a new gasket from Honda.

There is an access panel under the carpet in the trunk (it's secured by a few screws and has a wire going into it). It is basically between the spare tire well and the rear seat. Just be careful when removing the pump because you will spill fuel. The Denso kit included the pump filter and all hoses. The gasket was not included so I had to get from Honda.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
IMAG0110.jpg

Follow those two black ground wires. They're located here:

IMAG0111.jpg

That's the rear seat folded down. You'll see the access panel. Once you're there, it's just a matter of swapping them out :)

Back