Brake light problem/question...

KSKENE247

Reaction score
Alright well this is quite confusing so ill do my best to explain the situation.

Tailights are tinted.
Furthest outside lights and turn signals are LED bulbs.

First off, for some reason when u turn on the headlights, the passenger side (furthest right light) does not go on yet it does when i step on the brake.

Secondly, the brake light switch is broken, so i cant shift the car out of park, i need to used the key to unlock the shifter.

The brake lights go on and turn off randomly. I got pulled over cause they were not working, but cop let me go and when i got home i checked them and they were working. My sister drove the car and got a ticket for no lights.

Do any of you have any ideas of what the problem might be?

finch13

Reaction score
1) Parking lights and brake lights are on separate circuits, they use a dual filament bulb to change brightness. I'd take the LEDs out and test them with regular bubls to make sure the LED bubl isn't junk.

2) Replace the brake light switch. It's on the brake pedal. That controls the lights and the shift interlock solenoid. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I have LED's in my tails, and every now and again one of them acts funny. Thus far it's been an issue with the LED plug. It's not formed to the same tolerances as the stock filament and gets pushed out over time. Definitely replace the brake light switch and go from there.

Back