Brake light

Toyojake

Reaction score
Hey I was driving earlier, and the emergency brake light came on, but the brake wasn't on. It kept going off and on at different times depending upon when I hit the brakes. I checked the brake lights and the fluid level and it was a little bit low so I topped it off, pumped the pedal a few times and I'll find out tomorrow if that solved my problem. My question is.... since there was fluid missing from the reservoir, where could it have gone? What are some places I can check for leaks? Nothing is pooling up in the garage so I'm a little confused. Its a 2002 V6 with 93,XXX miles. My mechanic checked my brakes out when I had my transmission fluid changed and he said that all the brake pads seemed to be between 75% and 80% life remaining.

Another question I have is, what kind of options do I have as far as "Factory" replacement brake upgrades go? I don't really want to spend some serious cash for any BBK's but is there a bolt on upgrade from an Acura that would be better than my V6 brakes? On my old 1999 Camry the Twin piston calipers from a Lexus ES300 were a direct bolt on swap over my Camry's stock single pistons. Anything at all like this out there for the V6 gen 6's? All I could find was upgrades for the 4 cylinder models.

-Jake

finch13

Reaction score
I think Integra GSR calipers swap over... I forget. Ask DarkSideAccord what calipers he put on.

Low reservoir fluid can be 2 things. Brake fluid level decreases as the pads wear, to take up extra volume in the caliper as the piston moves out. Or, a leak somewhere. Fluid below the minimum line on teh reservoir usually means you have a leak.

Back