Brake lights don't work 2000 LX

Spyder

Reaction score
My dad gave me a 2000 accord LX auto a few months ago. For some reason yesterday my neighbor noticed only my 3rd brake light was working. I checked every fuse in the box under the hood on the passenger side and they all looked good. I checked the bulbs and they seem to look good. It's just when I press on the brake. The tails light up when the headlights are on but the brake lights don't work.

I was rear ended 2 weeks ago and it's been fixed and they worked after the repairs and before.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Inspect the wiring harnesses for the brakelights to make sure everything has a good connection. May also be worth checking the brakelight position sensor behind the pedal.

Nice Z, best looking one to date imo.

Spyder

Reaction score
I pulled apart the trunk and on the drivers side there is a plug but I don't see anything to plug it in to. Any ideas?

33110b68d551f479079b8fe07673ca86.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out and that was the problem. Doh.

Which Z is showing for me in my sig? I've had 4 300zxs and 2 240zs. I want another 240z but I sold my last 300zx because my other DD was faster. 05 Hemi Magnum RT. The accord is my DD now. I need to freshen it up. The paint is horrible on the roof and hood and the stereo sucks. Little by little. Need alloys though. I hate the hubcaps on it and I only have 3. :/

Last edited:

Spyder

Reaction score
Figured it out. It plugs directly in the tail light. I guess they didn't work after the body shop was done. Just didn't notice it.

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
That plug goes into the tail light resistor which also tells the car when a light is blown out

Back