car is shaking when turning right!

Elite1JDM

Reaction score
Heys guys i replaced my axle thinking it was the culprit. Car is still shaking when accelerating and when i make a right turn it shakes bad. I checked my ingalls camber kit/ball joints and it has a lil play. Has anyone ever had this problem.. also checked rebound on coilovers, seems ok. I just ordered new ball joints! Any help thanks!!

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Where do you feel it shaking Corey ? Steering wheel, pedals, seat ?

If it's directional when it's shaking i.e. turning right, I believe it's going to be your right outer tie rod. When I had a blown upper and lower ball joint, it was more of a constant steering wheel shake no matter what I was doing, and the only way to stop it was to grab the steering wheel really really hard .. Lift your car into the air and do the 12/6 and 9/3 test.

Last edited:

Johnson

Reaction score
Jack up the car, grab the wheel at 9 and 3 oclock and try to move it. Does it have play? grab the wheel at 12 and 6 oclock and try to move it. Does it have play?

also, if you make a right turn and it is worse your problem should be on the left side because it it transfers the load to the left side

if you could make a video and tag me on instagram

Last edited:

Elite1JDM

Reaction score
Where do you feel it shaking Corey ? Steering wheel, pedals, seat ?

If it's directional when it's shaking i.e. turning right, I believe it's going to be your right outer tie rod. When I had a blown upper and lower ball joint, it was more of a constant steering wheel shake no matter what I was doing, and the only way to stop it was to grab the steering wheel really really hard .. Lift your car into the air and do the 12/6 and 9/3 test.
Ya when i hit dips and lil bumps it shakes the whole front end. Upper ball joint has play. On both sides
Jack up the car, grab the wheel at 9 and 3 oclock and try to move it. Does it have play? grab the wheel at 12 and 6 oclock and try to move it. Does it have play?

also, if you make a right turn and it is worse your problem should be on the left side because it it transfers the load to the left side

if you could make a video and tag me on instagram
Ya when i lift the car it has play at 12/6 .. i cant make vids on instagram, i have a weak phone.
Shaking is worse making right turns, going strait doesn't shake much till i hit bumps.

Back