car stutters

Jimsun

Reaction score
I started the car and the car seems to having trouble (it's like when sucking the seafoam) the rpm drops randomly then goes back to normal. Like it idles weird. I then drove it for 5 minutes. The car seems to stutter. Like when i accelerate the car, it felt like there was a clog somewhere. I would apply a fix pressure to the throttle and the car would acceleration like normal then all of a sudden the car will stutter and felt like i removed my foot off the pedal and reapplied the same pressure. I dont know how to explain the symptom but It went away after driving the car for 5 minutes.
Did it have to do something with the rain?

Maybe my CAI or the exhaust was filled with water? IDK

damn this sounds retarded ><

001Stunna

Reaction score
I didnt have the opportunity to check. However I believe that could be the culprit.

It would make sense if it did suck in even a little bit of water. That being said it should be a warning for you to maybe modify the filter area a bit so water cannot splash up on it or it may be a costlier mistake next time.

Jimsun

Reaction score
It would make sense if it did suck in even a little bit of water. That being said it should be a warning for you to maybe modify the filter area a bit so water cannot splash up on it or it may be a costlier mistake next time.

The thing is i never drove it when it rained that week and I have driven in worst rainy days. The car sat on the driveway during the week where it rained.

Last edited:

F23sleeper

Reaction score
Had a similar problem in my 99 civic only while driving out of no where my car would start to jerk. Look down and my rpms where jumping +\- 1000 rpms.

Jimsun

Reaction score
Mine never was like that. It stutters but it was +/- 3-500. However, it disappears after driving it with WOT for 10-15 seconds a few times in 2nd and 3rd gear. I think it's time to get a new filter and get the water resistant net cover thingy.

F23sleeper

Reaction score
Mine did it for like 5 minutes then stopped for a little bit then came back but only at operating temp and low speeds (25/30mph) . So checked my oil and it looked cloudy and then the anger set in as I knew my head gasket was done for. Checked radiator and bqm oul in my radiator which is weird not a common sight as its usually coolant in the oil.

F23sleeper

Reaction score
And i might have been wrong on rpm range it could have been +/-500rpms might have been thinking about my iacv on my accord thst went bad so at idle my rpms would jump

Back